Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Mother Goose Time
Gwmw1210 05:55 PM 05-19-2010
Hi all,
I'm very new to the forum. Has anyone used or are using Mother Goose Time? What are your thoughts overall about the program? I noticed that the age range is 2 1/2 - 5 years. Would a couple of 27 month olds do well with this program? The sample program online seems great. I did notice for the 2010-2011 themes that the number and alphabets are not in traditional order. They are taught randomly? Would that be more difficult for the children? Please give me more insight if you can. This program just appears to offer so much more than the others I've seen. And just by looking at the example it seems that the children will learn as well have bundles & bundles of fun doing it.

Thanks
HeatherB 06:39 PM 05-19-2010
I have tried most of the pre package curriculum Plus doing my own (which I might add is very very time consuming). My all time favorite is Adventures in Learning. http://www.ailcurriculum.com/ However Mother Goose Time is right up there at the top of the list!
Gwmw1210 06:51 PM 05-19-2010
Thanks Heather B.

Please give me your opinion on whether or not Mother Goose Time & Adventures In Learning are too advanced for 27 month olds. And did you have any issues with receiving your documents in a timely manner and/or billing issues and/or frequent missing items from either one of the companies?

Thanks
Gwmw1210 06:53 PM 05-19-2010
Oh Heather B,
One more thing. Where do you rank Funshine Express?
HeatherB 07:03 PM 05-19-2010
I used AIL for 3 years... shipping was slow the first years first few months as they were new too and overwhelmed with the response to their curriculum. Or it could have been me...the excitement of teh box coming since it was "new" to me. You get your box about 5-7 days before the first of the month. Plenty of time for me...but I also know the layout and such. Payment/billing no issues. Missinbg pieces once in the 3 years..called Dawn the owner, shipped out ASAP. Dawn is wonder with communication with me via email or phone.

As for a 27 month.... I would say #1 AIL #2 FSE #3 MGT
actaktmdt 07:26 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by HeatherB:
I have tried most of the pre package curriculum Plus doing my own (which I might add is very very time consuming). My all time favorite is Adventures in Learning. http://www.ailcurriculum.com/ However Mother Goose Time is right up there at the top of the list!
interesting.....ill have to check out the site more as its in my home town and I have never heard of them.
Momma in MT. 08:20 PM 05-19-2010
I have used mother goose time this year and love it!!!!! It is super easy to use and so convenient to have everything prepackaged and broken down to day by day.

I use it for 18mo. to 5 years. The question is what do you expect from the little ones?? My philosophy is to expose them and then the next time they see it, it will be easier for them to learn. They learn that learning is fun. Are they able to do all the activities the way they are meant to be done? No, but do they have a blast painting and using a glue stick, Yes! They are learning lots of fine motor and gross motor skills.
Unregistered 10:40 AM 05-20-2010
I noticed for the 2010-2011 themes that the number and alphabets are not in traditional order. They are taught randomly? Would that be more difficult for the children? Please give me more insight if you can.
Unregistered 11:11 AM 05-20-2010
Can I order and then send a check. I am in Canada so that means it will be in Canadian $.

How does it work.

I do not have a visa
Unregistered 06:31 PM 07-14-2010
I love LOVE Mother Goose Time. I've tried so many others but have found that Mother Goose Time is far above the others. Last year they came out with an Infant/Toddler supplemental lesson plan book. It's only $15 extra and gives you 4 activity ideas a day. I think you'd find it perfect for your younger child. It follows the preschool book day by day, uses the same daily topics (so big and little children are all experiencing bubble bees on day one and sticky honey on day two for example) and it clearly explains how to use the same materials included in the kit in an age-appropriate way for children between the ages of 9 months and 2.5 years. I tested it out and got hooked.

I'm just amazed month after month how well designed this program is - it's really changed my energy level because all of my children are so engaged in the range of experiences.

They ship all over the world - On facebook, I heard about some special program they are helping run in Africa - I'm sure you can just order online and they'll ship to Canada.

Good luck in your research.
T4686 06:28 AM 07-15-2010
Hi! I have used MG years ago, it's good, however, I found myself using much of naptime finishing there crafts! They are very tedious projects and a lit for a 2 year old to do. The lesson plans were all laid out for you, that was my favorite thing about the monthly kits. There is so much for them to do each day that I would find myself stressing over everything and rushing through activities to get it all done. Parents loved the crafts, I find that parents don't care whether there child made it all as ling as they brought something home it made no difference to them. I on the other hand would rather see something I know my child made on their own. The crafts are great, but most had so many different steps my little ones were lost.
Unregistered 06:10 PM 07-17-2010
I have asked in other posts, but never gotten a response yet. Does anyone use the Funsteps curriculum? If you have, what was your experience with them, and was the curriculum easy to use, and do the preschoolers get a firm grasp on what they need to learn for school (like writing their name, learning their letters and numbers, etc?). I will be using them for 2 1/2 -3 yr olds (Two Steps) Two days a week, and 4-5 yr olds (Funsteps) will be 3 days a week.
Michael 04:17 PM 07-18-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have asked in other posts, but never gotten a response yet. Does anyone use the Funsteps curriculum? If you have, what was your experience with them, and was the curriculum easy to use, and do the preschoolers get a firm grasp on what they need to learn for school (like writing their name, learning their letters and numbers, etc?). I will be using them for 2 1/2 -3 yr olds (Two Steps) Two days a week, and 4-5 yr olds (Funsteps) will be 3 days a week.
You might try registering and starting a new Thread.
Preschool/daycare teacher 06:24 PM 07-18-2010
Originally Posted by michael:
You might try registering and starting a new Thread.
Whoops, I'm always posting without signing in. I just start looking through the posts, I'll decide to reply to someone's, and then I forget to log in.
Sorry everyone!
originalkat 08:18 AM 07-19-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I noticed for the 2010-2011 themes that the number and alphabets are not in traditional order. They are taught randomly? Would that be more difficult for the children? Please give me more insight if you can.
No, that should not be a problem at all. In fact research has shown that the alphabet does not need to be introduced in order, but the letters and sounds integrated in meaningful ways. Mother Goose Time probably uses the letters that work best with their theme that month. So, no I would not worry about them being out of order.
Tags:adventures in learning, curriculum, funshine express, funsteps, mother goose time
Reply Up