Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Transporting Kids
Francine 03:49 AM 06-07-2010
I usually don't make it a habit to take the kids any place in the car but right now I only have one child so it would be nice to be able to run to the store or to pick up my daughter from school.

Do you have parents sign a form each time you think you might go somewhere or do you have them sign something at the beginning giving general permission.

Could you please share the form that you use?

Thank you!
Liliya 04:34 AM 06-07-2010
go to daycarelady.com they have all kind forms
TGT09 04:38 AM 06-07-2010
There is a portion of my contract that gives permission to take on field trips, etc....
originalkat 06:37 AM 06-07-2010
For special field trips I have them sign a specific slip. However, in the Fall I will have to take my daughter to KG everyday. So I will make a blanket permission slip for driving to and from school each day.
Greenshadow 09:54 AM 06-07-2010
I dont travel with the children when I have all of them unless my sister comes over to help me with them. My parents have all signed waivers for me to travel with them. I have one little girl that I watch later than all the others. I take her with me everywhere I need to after the others go home. She has been with me to the YMCA with my boys swimming lessons, Walmart, etc. Her mom doesnt mind at all that she travels with me and I keep a carseat in the van for her all the time. Just have your parents sign something saying they give you permission.
Michael 10:24 PM 06-07-2010
Some more threads on Transportation: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...transportation
actaktmdt 03:36 AM 06-08-2010
Check with ur licensor but its my understanding that if ur going to the same place at the same time ex. Story time every wed at 9 am...then u can have a blaket statement signed for this specific purpose that...However if its a run to the store one day a trip to the mall onebday the zoo 2 days later u need to have parents sign a form for each outing that states where u going on that day.

Edited to add that I'm on the sw side of mi.
My Daycare 07:05 AM 06-08-2010
We are required to have permission forms at the beginning. I don't know if this form will work for you, but on the second page is a consent form that may give you some ideas.

http://www.state.il.us/DCFS/docs/cfs593.pdf
professionalmom 07:27 AM 06-08-2010
I have so many forms for them to fill out in the beginning: contract, policy agreements, state forms, my personal forms (photo use for advertising, transportation, water activities, etc.), food program forms, etc. I tell them, "I know it seems like a lot, but I promise you that 90% of this is required by state law. Trust me, I don't like it either. It just makes a ton of more work for me. And I'm already buried in paperwork!" Most of them are very understanding.
I would develop a "transportation permission slip" and include it with your initial paperwork for the new clients and get the existing clients to sign one ASAP. You can explain to them that there are times when you need to make a run to the store for things for their child, like MILK. Everyone usually understands MILK and the amount we go through in daycare. I have used as much as 7 gallons in a week! It's worth more to me than gold or oil and it disappears SO quickly!
Francine 11:17 AM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by actaktmdt:
Check with ur licensor but its my understanding that if ur going to the same place at the same time ex. Story time every wed at 9 am...then u can have a blaket statement signed for this specific purpose that...However if its a run to the store one day a trip to the mall onebday the zoo 2 days later u need to have parents sign a form for each outing that states where u going on that day.

Edited to add that I'm on the sw side of mi.
I did end up finding this too, what a pain, I don't always know in the morning if I'm going to need to pick up my daughter at school or run to the store. It doesn't matter this time anyway because when I mentioned going to the store to the Mom she said " Oh, that's fine but you will need the base out of my car" and didn't act like she REALLY wanted to mess around with it so I said forget it. It really would be nice to have a base and a stroller about now, he is my only child right now, he is napping and I am sitting here while I could have driven into town, put him in his stroller and walked a few miles while he naps. I think I'll go do a few sit ups instead.
Janet 11:21 AM 06-08-2010
I have a blanket form that covers any trips that we might make, but to be honest, I don't like to drive with anyone in the car with me. I avoid it like the plague. I need absolute quiet when I drive, not even the radio can be on and if I have passengers, they can't talk to me. I know it's weird, but I need to have all of my focus on driving.
MarinaVanessa 05:38 PM 06-08-2010
I just have a general waiver that I have them sign for transportation. It has boxes for them to check off what their choice is and them a part at the bottom for me to sign. It reads like this:

I, _________________________, the parent/guardian, hereby give permission to (my name) of (my daycare name) for my child _________________________ for the following:

� To participate in excursions not involving transportation such as (but not limited to) walks in the neighborhood, walks to the playground, pools, parks and libraries.

� To participate in excursions involving public or private transportation to locations such as (but not limited to) libraries, parks, pools, schools, playgrounds, museums and pet stores.

� I DO NOT give consent for my child to participate in excursions not involving transportation.

� I DO NOT give consent for my child to participate in excursions involving public or private transportation.

I understand that if consent is not given that my child will not be able to attend child care on any days that involve excursions and/or transportation and that it is my sole responsibility to provide and pay for alternative care for my child and that I will still be expected to pay for these days missed. This form is valid from the date signed until the date of termination.

Parent/Guardian signature: _____________________ Date: _____________
Parent/Guardian signature: _____________________ Date: _____________

I, (my name), the provider for the above mentioned child will transport the child to special trips. I will use safety seats/devices necessary and good judgment. This form is valid from the above mentioned date until termination.

Provider signature: ____________________________ Date: _____________
Tags:transportation
Reply Up