Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Phone is Ringing Off the Hook
actaktmdt 01:47 PM 06-11-2010
For non school age kiddos for full time care 10 calls in the past 4 days and no I'm not adverising. A friend has asked about helping me which makes me think I should get a lic...for 12 insteed of the 6 I have now. My basement would need an egress window put in...has anyone put one in and mind sharing the cost.....I would assume it would fall in under the time space catgory....
emosks 02:35 PM 06-11-2010
Same here. We have to turn even our friends away!

Is your house big enough for 12 kids? You should totally ask about it with your licensing consultant.
Genesis Lady 02:52 PM 06-11-2010
Congratulations! It is so good to hear that someone in Michigan is doing so well.
I paid $2850 complete including the permits to have my egress window installed.

Where are you located? I am a new provider, I just registered on this site a few weeks ago. I have been licensed for about 6 weeks and I do not have any children enrolled yet. Are you registered with any referral services or agencies or are all of your calls from word-of-mouth? How long did it take you to enroll your first child and from there how long was it before you were at capacity? I am trying really hard to stay encouraged and this forum has been a tremendous source of help and inspiration. Any tips, pointers, or marketing/advertising advice you would be willing to share would be greatly appreciated.
Francine 03:39 PM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by emosks:

Is your house big enough for 12 kids? You should totally ask about it with your licensing consultant.
Where are you in Michigan? Send them up north, I need them
momma2girls 03:41 PM 06-11-2010
Send them to Iowa, I receive tons of emails and calls, but all are pregnant or an infant!!!
emosks 06:17 PM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by Miss Joy:
Where are you in Michigan? Send them up north, I need them
I'm in Grand Rapids. We are full because of the fact that we are on a local message board and sort of advertised there when we opened with our friends. We've had several families leave their current daycare to be with us. Then they've referred families to us. We are at capacity (12) come December when 2 of our moms enroll their newborns!!

Where are you up north?
Francine 03:55 AM 06-12-2010
I'm in Grand Rapids. We are full because of the fact that we are on a local message board and sort of advertised there when we opened with our friends. We've had several families leave their current daycare to be with us. Then they've referred families to us. We are at capacity (12) come December when 2 of our moms enroll their newborns!!

Where are you up north?
I'm in Petoskey.
actaktmdt 05:14 AM 06-12-2010

Yes if I used the basement we woud be fine. My licensing consultants was out here on wed and I passed that with flying colors...and we had talked about it.
emosks 01:53 PM 06-12-2010
Originally Posted by actaktmdt:
Yes if I used the basement we woud be fine. My licensing consultants was out here on wed and I passed that with flying colors...and we had talked about it.
Fabulous. Then go for it!
Tags:michigan, spots
Reply Up