Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Depositing Checks Through iPhone?
legomom922 03:57 AM 01-14-2011
I cant find that thread now, but someone here had mentioned that they deposit their checks through their iPhone without having to drive to the bank, and I was wondering how that works? So if the person who does this, is reading this, please respond!
BentleysBands 04:01 AM 01-14-2011
Not me but I did with one of my inlaws checks for my kids. It was the coolest ever LOL
My phone scanned the check. So cool lol
legomom922 04:07 AM 01-14-2011
Well we have one iPhone in the house, soon 3 more, so how do you it?
BentleysBands 04:29 AM 01-14-2011
Awesome! I had to get the app. I called my bank to Make sure They offered it. Do a search for an app. For me once I did I just scanned with my phone and then using my bank app it walked me thru it
legomom922 04:49 AM 01-14-2011
Ok, so first you get an app for iPhone AND you have to get an app for your bank?
Christophina 06:08 AM 01-14-2011
I was the one who posted a while back! You have to have an iPhone and you have to download your bank's app from the app store (it's free). I am assuming that not all banks have it though. I bank through Chase and I just log in through the app and take a picture of the front and back of each check and deposit them. I LOVE this app!!! My closest bank is an hour away! So you can imagine the amount of money and time I am saving!!
jen 06:11 AM 01-14-2011
Holy crap thats cool! I can't wait to see if our bank has an app! I might even switch banks for that one!!!! LOVE IT!
KEG123 06:29 AM 01-14-2011
Wow that is really cool. Does it work through Ipod too?
marniewon 06:37 AM 01-14-2011
I belong to a local credit union, and they don't have an app . I would LOVE to be able to deposit checks that way!!
Ashley 07:05 AM 01-14-2011
How long does it usually take for the funds to reach your account and what do you do with the checks afterwards?
Christophina 07:31 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Ashley:
How long does it usually take for the funds to reach your account and what do you do with the checks afterwards?
It reaches my account immediately and is available for use the next business day. So as long as I do my deposit by the end of the business day on Monday, I can use the money on Tuesday. I don't know what you are supposed to do with the checks but I put them in an envelope and save them with the rest of my daycare documents.

Originally Posted by KEG123:
Wow that is really cool. Does it work through Ipod too?
The Chase app works with the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Michael 01:36 PM 01-14-2011
This is what you need: http://www.physorg.com/news179427538.html

I currectly use Authorize.net to access a form that allows me to charge or reimburse any credit card via the web.
kendallina 01:40 PM 01-14-2011
Holy cow! I am very out of the loop with what technology can do nowadays (and I'm just 32). That sounds awesome!
LaLa 01:45 PM 01-14-2011
I have USAA and they have it! You can scan a check via an android also
Lilbutterflie 02:07 PM 01-14-2011
I also have an account at USAA and it allows you to scan the check with your printer/scanner online. I LOVE IT!!!
E Daycare 05:59 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by marniewon:
I belong to a local credit union, and they don't have an app . I would LOVE to be able to deposit checks that way!!
Im afraid this will be the issue for me too. Doodie!
dEHmom 06:07 PM 01-14-2011
a few of you mentioned belonging to a credit union.
If they don't offer it, why not consider opening an account simply for this reason, at a bank that offers it? this can be the business account!
E Daycare 06:19 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Baybee0585:
a few of you mentioned belonging to a credit union.
If they don't offer it, why not consider opening an account simply for this reason, at a bank that offers it? this can be the business account!
I would but our current account is tied to so many automatic bills that it wouldnt be worth the hassle and my husband has automatic deposit with his paycheck. SO I just send the checks with El Hub and have his happy little butt deposit the checks.
marniewon 11:28 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Erin's Daycare:
I would but our current account is tied to so many automatic bills that it wouldnt be worth the hassle and my husband has automatic deposit with his paycheck. SO I just send the checks with El Hub and have his happy little butt deposit the checks.
Ditto. This is part of the reason that I changed payday from Monday to Friday (week before) so I could actually get the checks deposited into my acct without having to use the atm.
Daycare_Mama 04:57 PM 01-15-2011
I found this site that says which banks currently offer this service (for iphone and android).

http://paperless.wikia.com/wiki/Remote_Check_Deposit
Abigail 07:21 PM 01-15-2011
WOW, I never heard of this, but I actually like going to the bank and deciding how much cash I want and what type of bills and taking some free candy off the counter.

I don't like to rely on technology because you simply can't 100% and it would also drive me nuts having checks saved somewhere in my house. This technology is why we pay so much for our cell phones and other businesses end up shutting down.
Tags:iphone
Reply Up