Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Anyone Filed Turbo Tax This Year
safechner 07:12 AM 02-04-2011
I just wonder if anyone who already filed their 2010 tax return on Turbo Tax online this year? I am having trouble to enter utilities, mortgage ins, square feet, hours, etc. in home office. I have been using Tarbo Tax for many years with no problem. I need to file my tax return so we can get refund to pay off our bills to be debt free. Please help.
Little People 07:17 AM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by safechner:
I just wonder if anyone who already filed their 2010 tax return on Turbo Tax online this year? I am having trouble to enter utilities, mortgage ins, square feet, hours, etc. in home office. I have been using Tarbo Tax for many years with no problem. I need to file my tax return so we can get refund to pay off our bills to be debt free. Please help.
Is this the one online for $74.95 Federal or did you buy Turbo Tax from Wal Mart. I am going to use Turbo tax too and was wondering if I should buy it or get it online?
safechner 07:23 AM 02-04-2011
I'm using Turbo Tax online that I paid $74.94 Federal. Usually, I always find google to get coupon for less than $74.94 Federal. I would say about $50 to $60.
actaktmdt 11:16 AM 02-04-2011
its probably because you enter utilities, mort insurance etc on form 8829 but the IRS has not released the 2010 form yet. turbotax is probably still on 2009 until they can get an update out there.
safechner 12:03 PM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by actaktmdt:
its probably because you enter utilities, mort insurance etc on form 8829 but the IRS has not released the 2010 form yet. turbotax is probably still on 2009 until they can get an update out there.
Yeah, that is what I mean form 8829. Well I have entered a lot of information on 2010 for my husband's income and mine but there is only one form 8829 is missing. Dang, IRS should have to get ready before it released to anyone this year.

Someone already filed her tax return from last week on her turbo tax. I am surprised about it.
TomCopeland 06:44 PM 02-04-2011
As of today the IRS has still not released the 2010 version of Form 8829, so I don't know how someone can file Turbo Tax without it.
Unregistered 08:44 PM 02-04-2011
Turbo Tax is so buggy that it sometimes skips over the warning that there is 8829. And it doesn't keep you from filing.

And if you do see a warning about the missing form and call for support or search the TT site, the agents are telling people it's a "bug" and to "clear your cache, reload, and then file anyway."

Not having this form is causing a huge tax liability compared to last year and not only is TT keeping it hush-hush, but it you start to figure it out, they are purposely misdirecting people into filing prematurely.
Pammie 07:37 AM 02-05-2011
I'm working on filing my taxes thru Turbo Tax this morning, and to be able to enter the business use of home deductions - time/space % and such - I had to click the blue "edit" button on the summary page beside where you list the address of your business - and that took me to the pages to enter all of my home deduction info.

Hope that helps!
cillybean83 07:55 AM 02-05-2011
yup, i did my taxes with turbo tax and entered everything just fine with no issues BUT they can't send it to the IRS until Feb 10th because a form wasn't ready, they take your information and then the information will be put on the missing form before the IRS ever sees that you filed, so technically you filed, since you're done with taxes, but turbo tax won't forward anything on until after the 10th...so you won't get your refund until the end of Feb, or early March.
TomCopeland 12:27 PM 02-07-2011
The IRS released today the 2010 version of Form 8829: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8829.pdf
Tags:turbo tax
Reply Up