Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Maybe I Need To Increase My Rates...
JenNJ 12:37 PM 03-25-2011
Just got an email from a parent that said, "Do you really only charge $175 per week? If so I would like to schedule an interview!"

I am cheaper than centers in my area but higher than all of the home daycares around here.
nannyde 12:39 PM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
Just got an email from a parent that said, "Do you really only charge $175 per week? If so I would like to schedule an interview!"

I am cheaper than centers in my area but higher than all of the home daycares around here.

Write back and say "oh no that was a misprint. I charge 275 per week but I'm willing to negotiate. If 225 per week is more in your range then feel free to give us a call."
JenNJ 12:44 PM 03-25-2011
I'm hoping that this means that the economy is getting back on track, . It doesn't pertain bc I am full except for a W,F spot I don't want to fill (I like my lighter days, lol). Plus anyone starting off with a comment like that may not be the right fit for my group. I have all goldens right now and I want a smooth summer!
E Daycare 04:41 PM 03-25-2011
I charge $175 a week too but I mostly get people thinking Im too expensive and I know Im cheaper then the centers around here. I wish people would call me thinking my rates were cheap but in fact Im pretty sure people dont call me because they see the ads below me that offer $20.00 a day. Once they see they get what they pay for then maybe they will figure out that $175 is worth it.
Abigail 10:38 PM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
I charge $175 a week too but I mostly get people thinking Im too expensive and I know Im cheaper then the centers around here. I wish people would call me thinking my rates were cheap but in fact Im pretty sure people dont call me because they see the ads below me that offer $20.00 a day. Once they see they get what they pay for then maybe they will figure out that $175 is worth it.
Do you advertise in the newspaper?
Abigail 10:39 PM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by JenNJ:

Did you respond? It might be spam, you never know. You could also tell her these are 2010's rates and they're increasing 10% during such and such month to give her a "warning" because then you'll enroll now and get a pay raise from this family soon. LOL
TBird 06:51 AM 03-26-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

Write back and say "oh no that was a misprint. I charge 275 per week but I'm willing to negotiate. If 225 per week is more in your range then feel free to give us a call."
OMG...TOO FUNNY!!!:
mickey2 10:00 AM 03-26-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

I so wish I was witty like you Nan! I love how you think and you have such an amusingly clever way of wording things!
Linda Ann 09:25 PM 03-26-2011
Add PB & J TV to your facility and raise the tuition 10$ a week!! They're a webcam company but they only charged me a couple of dollars a family per week and I got to keep the rest. My parents are excited about paying more because they got the webcams in return. And they're not regular webcams cause the center 2 miles away has a system but it deosn't look the same as what i got. My parent's are totally excited plus I am making an extra $700 a month!
nannyde 03:50 AM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by Linda Ann:
Add PB & J TV to your facility and raise the tuition 10$ a week!! They're a webcam company but they only charged me a couple of dollars a family per week and I got to keep the rest. My parents are excited about paying more because they got the webcams in return. And they're not regular webcams cause the center 2 miles away has a system but it deosn't look the same as what i got. My parent's are totally excited plus I am making an extra $700 a month!
https://www.peanutbutterandjellytv.com/

I looked at their site and I can only see they have video. There isn't audio too? Is that correct?
Tags:economy, rate increase
Reply Up