Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Um.. It's A Scam, Why Would You Even Have A Conversation With Him?"
youretooloud 07:53 AM 06-09-2011
I have a friend who posted an ad on Craigslist for an infant. She stated in her ad that she's a "stay at home mom of a new baby girl, and is looking for another infant to watch".

She got one reply. It was from a Dad who has an 8 month old son, and sadly the mother passed away recently.... and wanted to know if the provider would consider breast feeding his son too.

She said she didn't think she would be comfortable with that. He wrote back and asked her how much milk she produced and was she pumping and keeping any in storage.

He wants to come visit her today to meet without his baby so they could discuss the details.

She called me all nervous, she'd never considered breast feeding another child. LMBO!!! "Dummy.. there IS no other child.. this is a scam... he's a perv... why would you even continue a discussion with him?"

She was so bewildered. "Really???? But, what if he's telling the truth..that poor baby!". "Seriously... there's no baby.. he just wants to talk to you"
SilverSabre25 07:56 AM 06-09-2011
Eek!!! run away, run FAR AWAY! I really, really, REALLY hope your friend isn't going to be seeing him alone!!!!

Your friend needs to cancel that appointment ASAP and if she wants to ease her conscience a bit, she can direct him to a local or national MilkShare program to get donated breastmilk for his child.

But there's almost certainly no child. Just a freak who your friend needs to NOT SEE.
mickey2 07:56 AM 06-09-2011

Oh My! I hope she did not give out her address to this nut!

If she did then you should advise her to talk to her husband immediately and take some safety precautions.
nannyde 07:58 AM 06-09-2011
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Cat Herder 08:00 AM 06-09-2011
Not neccessarily.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/moms-sell-e...ry?id=13768179
sharlan 08:03 AM 06-09-2011
This is one time that I would say - get your husband involved.

If this is real, and I doubt it, who is watching the baby now?
youretooloud 08:12 AM 06-09-2011
She gave her cross streets and phone number to him.

I told her to tell her husband about this, and tell him she thinks he might be a creep.
TBird 08:18 AM 06-09-2011
O....M.....G!!!
mickey2 08:29 AM 06-09-2011
She must tell her husband right away for her safety and her baby's safety.

He can find her doing a reverse phone search!

Did she give her name as well?
sharlan 08:39 AM 06-09-2011
This is one reason why I only give out my cell phone number to prospective clients.

This guy now knows that she's home alone during the day with an infant.
cheerfuldom 08:44 AM 06-09-2011
he's a perv. this happened to a friend of mine too (although she never gave an address or anything). there are legitimate ways to get breast milk for a child thru milk banks. it can be very dangerous to have a stranger breastfeed your child. a legitimate person would not just go trolling for random people to meet.
littlemissmuffet 08:54 AM 06-09-2011
Wow. Dangerous. It never fails to amaze me the kinds of stuff that people will fall for... and of course, it's always the kind-hearted, wanting to help type.

What a f*ing creeper! I would totally set this guy up. Hubs would be waiting in the entrance closet with a baseball bat... because unfortunately, there's likely not much that authorities can do at this point and this guy could be a rapist, a killer, who knows!
Sugar Magnolia 11:55 AM 06-09-2011
Craigslist=CREEPY! Advise anyone and everyone to NOT place an ad on craigslist! I places an ad ONCE to sell a dishwasher, even THAT simple ad got some creepy responces! YUCK! AVOID LIKE PLAGUE!
SilverSabre25 01:12 PM 06-09-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Craigslist=CREEPY! Advise anyone and everyone to NOT place an ad on craigslist! I places an ad ONCE to sell a dishwasher, even THAT simple ad got some creepy responces! YUCK! AVOID LIKE PLAGUE!
Lots of legitimate people use Craigslist; it's not all creeps. In my area, most people find child care through Craigslist. Even centers advertise openings, as well as lots and lots of home daycares. I've gotten all but a couple of my daycare clients through Craigslist. I rarely get weird or creepy responses, and since I started putting my email address in like this : email (at) provider (dot) com , the spam responses are almost nil.
youretooloud 01:47 PM 06-09-2011
Her husband is mad at her.

She says the guy didn't show up or call again today, but she gave the guy's number to her husband, so she thinks maybe the husband and his buddies at work took care of it.

She's so embarrassed and now she's creeped out too.
nannyde 01:50 PM 06-09-2011
Isn't there some kind of weird pervy breast feeding thingy? I think I saw that on TV once.

Geeezus there are some SICK people out there.

YUCK
Michael 03:57 PM 06-09-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Isn't there some kind of weird pervy breast feeding thingy? I think I saw that on TV once.

Geeezus there are some SICK people out there.

YUCK
I'm with you. The internet has given access to people like this and they have their favorite spots and CL has taken the hit for it.
momofboys 04:49 PM 06-09-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Not true. In fact I have gotten two clients this way & my nanny job for the fall -the family located me on CL & it is legitimate. You just need to use common sense when dealing with any online forum.
sharlan 06:24 PM 06-09-2011
I've been advertising on Craig's List, so far, no weirdos. I don't list a phone number there, though.

I did once and got a lot of spam calls for refi's and IRS junk.
Abigail 06:28 PM 06-09-2011
Did this person give out the weekly rate as well? I would have said $1,000 a week to find out if it's fake. I would also inform the police and explain the situation, they may have gotten calls on this before you know. I would rather feel dumb calling the police to inform them than be on edge and unable to sleep at night knowing a creep is near.
QualiTcare 07:57 PM 06-09-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
I'm with you. The internet has given access to people like this and they have their favorite spots and CL has taken the hit for it.
i agree. the internet is definitely a tool for people who are into the bizarre.
Tags:dangerous, possible predator, selling breastmilk, wet nurse
Reply Up