Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Your Daycare Have A Name And/Or Logo?
Crazy8 09:59 PM 07-01-2011
I give my daycare a name but it isn't registered/trademarked or anything and I know from google/facebook that there are other things out there with the same name. Checks are written out to me personally, I guess I just use the name for "fun". Although I think my EIN has both my name and the daycare name on it. I am trying to find a cute logo type thing to go with it though and can't come up with anything I like.

So just curious if you have a name to your daycare and do you have any type of special recognition like a logo/symbol or certain font, etc.

Can anyone think of a cute logo for my Little Diamonds name?????
MissAnn 12:17 PM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
I give my daycare a name but it isn't registered/trademarked or anything and I know from google/facebook that there are other things out there with the same name. Checks are written out to me personally, I guess I just use the name for "fun". Although I think my EIN has both my name and the daycare name on it. I am trying to find a cute logo type thing to go with it though and can't come up with anything I like.

So just curious if you have a name to your daycare and do you have any type of special recognition like a logo/symbol or certain font, etc.

Can anyone think of a cute logo for my Little Diamonds name?????
I'm thinking of kids looking into the sky at little diamonds.....reminds me of Twinkle Twinkle Little star.......like a diamond in the sky.
Childminder 03:43 PM 07-02-2011
I do. I am "The Childminder". I am incorporated and have a logo. Can't ever seem to get it downloaded on here though to show I like Miss Ann's suggestion.

You could do a search on here, I know that it has been discussed before.
Michael 03:42 PM 07-03-2011
Branding and Marketing is my field of business. Suggest you get your dot come name (NameDaycare.com) ASAP. Using a name for your local business is fine as long as another businessis not using the same name in the same county. might be good to get a DBA (doing business as). There may be some "first use" rights that apply if you were the first to do "businessing as".

Getting a logo is easy. There are a lot of online artists from around the world that can create something for cheap. I mean cheap to be $100 - $200. And for a professional design it is worth it. All of our logos were created this way: http://www.ccin.com/about.html

A couple logo sites are designoutpost.com, elance.com and logo.com

A simple logo and a simple name can go a long way. It also looks more professional.
Abigail 04:24 PM 07-03-2011
For Little Diamonds, I would change the dots on the i's to little diamonds. You can choose a color theme if you'd like and have your name in a bubble of blue outline (for example, like a cloud and the outline of the cloud is dark blue while the cloud bubble it lighter blue) then have "Little Diamond's" written in thick easy to read white letters with blue diamonds to top off the letters.

Get out your printer paper and colored pencils and write away. I did that for an hour one day and just came up with a ton of options. I still have not come to a final decision just yet on my business name though.
Crazy8 06:18 PM 07-03-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
For Little Diamonds, I would change the dots on the i's to little diamonds. You can choose a color theme if you'd like and have your name in a bubble of blue outline (for example, like a cloud and the outline of the cloud is dark blue while the cloud bubble it lighter blue) then have "Little Diamond's" written in thick easy to read white letters with blue diamonds to top off the letters.

Get out your printer paper and colored pencils and write away. I did that for an hour one day and just came up with a ton of options. I still have not come to a final decision just yet on my business name though.
Thanks. I've played around on printmaster and just haven't come up with anything yet. For now I have just been using a font called parismatch bright - it puts little diamonds over the top of the letters. I like it but would just like something to go with it but not sure what. Unfortunately I don't have $100-200 to spend on it right now.
Abigail 07:21 PM 07-03-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
Thanks. I've played around on printmaster and just haven't come up with anything yet. For now I have just been using a font called parismatch bright - it puts little diamonds over the top of the letters. I like it but would just like something to go with it but not sure what. Unfortunately I don't have $100-200 to spend on it right now.
Do you want an actual picture or photo along with your name or do you want a simple design? To get you started look at what businesses you have in town and how they incorporated a design or photo into their name.
littlemissmuffet 07:47 PM 07-03-2011
My daycare name is registered, and I also have a recognizable logo that I designed myself, as I am also a graphic artist on the side.

I like PP's idea of chidren looking up in the sky at diamonds...
dEHmom 07:15 AM 07-04-2011
here I checked around to see what the requirements were for naming a business.

we don't have to register the name IF we have our name in the business name. And we have to erect a sign on the property in full view of the public with that business name, owner/operator's Full name, and phone number on it. The name has to be My Name and a direct description of what the business is, So i chose "Last name's Family Childcare". If I had chosen "Full Name Childcare" I wouldn't have to erect a sign but because I put Family, it could go one of 2 ways: Family childcare being I provide childcare for families, OR , it is a family run business meaning I am not a sole proprietorship which I would have to reserve and purchase the name

The reason it has to have our name in the business title is sort of a claim.

If I was to choose something else, I'd have to apply for a reservation for the name. Which would cost 100. Then wait to see if they approve it, or decline it. For each reservation even if they declined it, I'd have to reapply with another 100. THEN I'd have to submit the name once it was approved, and pay (I forget but I think it was around 200) which would last 4 yrs and then i'd have to reapply again. This is so that no one else can carry the same name.

Reason being: If I advertise, and someone else chooses my name and advertise, there could be problems and confusion between the companies. Or, if someone else has the name I chose, and I don't advertise, all their money for advertisement could benefit my business.
actaktmdt 09:43 AM 07-06-2011
yes i have a design and logo. I am not techy enough. I actually had it made for my website and like it quite a bit. THere is more to it than what shows on the site and thats because I changed my template. I purchased it from etsy.com. I purchased the logo for $45 and the banner for the website for $65. I use a wordpress.com I am thinking about paying to have it as my own domain. just havent done it yet as Im full for one and I need to purchase the curriculum yet for this fall/spring.

http://lilsproutdaycare.wordpress.com/

The site no where complete but its what filled my two remaining spots.
JaydensMommy 11:06 PM 07-06-2011
Originally Posted by actaktmdt:
yes i have a design and logo. I am not techy enough. I actually had it made for my website and like it quite a bit. THere is more to it than what shows on the site and thats because I changed my template. I purchased it from etsy.com. I purchased the logo for $45 and the banner for the website for $65. I use a wordpress.com I am thinking about paying to have it as my own domain. just havent done it yet as Im full for one and I need to purchase the curriculum yet for this fall/spring.

http://lilsproutdaycare.wordpress.com/

The site no where complete but its what filled my two remaining spots.
LOVE your logo!! I went to etsy.com and fell in love, they have so many great ones, I will definitely be getting one there.
mrsking14 08:14 AM 07-07-2011
Mine is Lions, Tigers & Tots Daycare (jungle themed). I made a logo for myself of jungle animals.
Tags:design, logo, marketing, url, website
Reply Up