Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lost My Sub, A Child and Seriously!
Country Kids 07:46 AM 08-14-2012
My daughter has been looking for a job but not full boar as she is going to college and will be going long days in the fall. She's one that needs tons of sleep so trying to juggle college and a job, I'm not sure how that will work. Anyway she has an interview today! The downside is I have been using her for my sub and had been planning on still trying to but that looks like it won't be happening now. Of course I need to use her 3x in the next week! My hubs is probably going to have to take time off instead. I hate that he has to constently do that because I can't leave!

I just found out I'm losing a child. Notified through a text!!!! The parents want the child to be around more children. Gave me rave revue's, said they loved being here, the child loved it here, but they would like more children. Oh well, my heart is very broken and I will have a hard time going forward but ...... I rarely have children just leave my care (maybe 5x in 16 years) and it just breaks my heart. This child is a delight to have and I did alot in my program for them because he appreciated it so much. The parents were wonderful also and they made it worth doing this.

Also, one of my children is attending a sports camp and its right in the middle of the morning. Who schedules these things and why do they do it when parents are working and can't get kids there! I just want to talk to these schedulers and say "why"? I stress over these things and it just makes my job harder.
sunflower 09:34 AM 08-14-2012
Hugs to you!
Country Kids 12:43 PM 08-14-2012
Thank You!!!!
juliebug 12:49 PM 08-14-2012
Hug it will work out
Country Kids 01:10 PM 08-14-2012
OK-deep breath mode!

My sons practice ran 30 min late! My hubby had to miss his lunch because of this. Now my son has to go sell pizza cards for a fund raiser in the 100 degree weather.

He hasn't made the team yet! Why oh why would you make them do this if they haven't made the team?

I get so irrated with coaches, sad thing is my hubby is one-
Country Kids 07:44 AM 08-15-2012
Daughter had her interview, now to send everything to main office to see if they will hire. No time frame on how long that will be. So I have no idea if she can help me the 3x I need her or not.
Country Kids 07:47 AM 08-15-2012
Talked to the dad of the child I'm losing. He has no idea why the mom wants to do this. Said they loved it here, the child loved it here.

I think he is hoping she will change her mind and bring him back here but I've got to go forward and fill this spot.

The only thing I guess I didn't have was a ton of kids in a small classroom for him to be with! Otherwise I guess he would still be here.
Reply Up