Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>YouTube Suggestions?
Christina72684 08:12 AM 02-06-2014
My husband got 2 Chromecasts for Christmas so I took one for my preschoolers (shh don't tell him lol). We can watch YouTube or Netflix on it. So far we've just used YouTube to do a few Just Dance Kids videos during music time, plus it's a good way to burn all these energy from being cooped up inside.

Anyone have any YouTube or even Netflix videos they use with their kids? I've started looking into Laurie Burkner but that's it so far.
Evansmom 01:04 PM 02-06-2014
Ooh! Good thread!
I don't have any recommendations but I'm hoping others will have some good lists!
craftymissbeth 01:16 PM 02-06-2014
We love Signing Time on Netflix!
momofsix 02:03 PM 02-06-2014
They're not action songs, but my kids love the songs by Eric Herman: I like Elephants and Blackbeard, bluebeard and redbeard.
We also love this Chicka Chicka Boom Boopm song
Leigh 02:20 PM 02-06-2014
Pete the Cat videos. Baby Genius videos (they have a channel), Gummibar Monster Mash (kind of "adult" looking, but kids love it). Hoopla channel has lots of fairy tales.
Christina72684 06:19 AM 02-10-2014
Thanks! These are some really good ones. I think I'm going to make a playlist of a few and play them every day between some of our activities, sort of a transition time. The kids loved the Elephant one lol

What about favorite songs people use? Most songs are on YouTube too.
Daycaregranny 08:22 PM 02-10-2014
We do dancing beats from mothergoosetime. I know they put samples on YouTube. My kids love to do the dances we do them everyday.
Half-Pint Hide-Out 08:35 PM 02-10-2014
Koo Koo Kangaroo is a ridiculously silly group with fast energy dance-a-long videos! I love doing them with the kids for my own workout during the day. Also, Cosmic Kids Yoga...the kids get to go on an adventure and use different yoga moves to act out the story. CKY is a huge prr-rest favorite here!
Starburst 08:38 AM 02-12-2014
I don't know who it was by but the other day I was babysitting and on his Ipad he kept playing this repetitive song on you tube it was a walking in place song and would say "Walk it out slow" 10x, then "Walk it out fast" 10x, then "Walk on your toes" 10x and repeat 2x. He played it like 20 times and it gets stuck in your head.
Blackcat31 09:02 AM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by Starburst:
I don't know who it was by but the other day I was babysitting and on his Ipad he kept playing this repetitive song on you tube it was a walking in place song and would say "Walk it out slow" 10x, then "Walk it out fast" 10x, then "Walk on your toes" 10x and repeat 2x. He played it like 20 times and it gets stuck in your head.
Sounds like an aerobic exercise video...

"Walk it out, 10x now let's move to the other side, 10x....."

I hear it in Jane Fonda's voice...
Tags:dancing, music
Reply Up