Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Don't Know What's Worse Interviews Or New Starts!
CraftyMom 12:52 PM 05-18-2014
I dislike both!

I don't like the interviewing process at all

I also don't like new starts. Getting to know the child, getting them used to our routine, the crying that often comes along with it. Getting used to new parents, Ugh
Kabob 06:09 PM 05-18-2014
I hate interviews more...a lot of extra work for no pay and after daycare hours. Ick.
blandino 06:13 PM 05-18-2014
I actually don't mind interviews. Sometimes answering the same old questions becomes obnoxious. Also, I sometimes get annoyed listening to parents tell me the tiny details about their child that they think make them unique and special, when they really are the same as most children their age. (That sounds totally jaded, but everyone has had those parents like that, whose child is just so much more special that the average child).

New enrollments don't bother me too much. Mostly because we enroll as infants. Those first few days can be stressful because I don't know the baby's patterns and what they want. But starting a new child who is older - that's what wears on my patience. The crying and general change in group dynamic, is hard for me.
midaycare 06:20 PM 05-18-2014
I must be weird - I don't mind interviewing. I don't mind too much when new kids start, either. I like change.
TwinKristi 06:35 PM 05-18-2014
I've had a lot of both the last few weeks... 2 new starts, at least 5 interviews, numerous inquiries and more tomorrow!
SignMeUp 06:43 PM 05-18-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
I've had a lot of both the last few weeks... 2 new starts, at least 5 interviews, numerous inquiries and more tomorrow!
Good luck, TwinkieKristi ... ... .... sorry Your name makes me think of Twinkies
Reply Up