Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dcg has "mosquito bites"
CraftyMom 11:14 AM 05-29-2014
Dcg is just about 2. Every so often she gets these red itchy blotches. I am not a doctor, but my Dr Mom diagnosis is eczema. 2 of my kids have it and I've had several dck's with it. Of course I could be wrong, in which case it still needs to be checked out so I know what it is.

Mom insists it's mosquito bites. Has she never seen a mosquito bite?

These spots go away and come back and are not bumps but blotches, some are large. Super itchy, poor dcg keeps saying she has boo-boos.

I texted mom and said I think it is eczema, which I've mentioned before, but I think she should see the doctor to verify. So she is going at 2:45 today. Wouldn't you know the red patches have almost faded now. I took pics earlier and texted them to mom so at least she can show the doctor those.

I have a feeling its food related. Also the pollen count has been high around here which could be a trigger.

Just wanted to vent. Mom is so insistent on mosquito bites, ugh
SignMeUp 11:43 AM 05-29-2014
Do you have an exclusion policy for undiagnosed rash? If so, maybe you can use that so that she will take the child to the doctor. I have to say though, a lot of pediatricians aren't rash experts, and to get a real diagnosis for something that recurs, some times a dermatologist is needed. In my experience, the dermatologists nail the rash on the first try.
Unregistered 11:48 AM 05-29-2014
Bed bug bites?
Second Home 11:54 AM 05-29-2014
Could it be an allergic reaction or hives . My dd had a reaction to medication and it started out like red blotches , not raised or like a bug bite.
Kelly 01:57 PM 05-29-2014
my son used to get big red blotches when he got mosquito bites. Dr. said it was an allergic reaction to the mosquito bites.
BumbleBee 01:59 PM 05-29-2014
Originally Posted by Kelly:
my son used to get big red blotches when he got mosquito bites. Dr. said it was an allergic reaction to the mosquito bites.
I have a dck who has the same thing.
CraftyMom 04:08 PM 05-29-2014
So mom took her to the doctor today. He said most likely eczema. Prescribed Benadryl as needed for itching and hydrocortisone. I'm glad it isn't anything contagious.

My daughter also gets a reaction from mosquito bites. Huge welts that get larger as the days pass. And the mosquitos swarm to her, I guess they like her blood! Her dr said it's a reaction to the mosquito's saliva
cheerfuldom 06:39 PM 05-29-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
So mom took her to the doctor today. He said most likely eczema. Prescribed Benadryl as needed for itching and hydrocortisone. I'm glad it isn't anything contagious.

My daughter also gets a reaction from mosquito bites. Huge welts that get larger as the days pass. And the mosquitos swarm to her, I guess they like her blood! Her dr said it's a reaction to the mosquito's saliva
glad you got some answers.

I get horrendous mosquito bites....swell to palm sized knots on my body, its terrible. I hate bug sprays but I have to use them constantly.
Reply Up