Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Great DCM
Kelly 08:14 AM 09-07-2014
I only have one dck right now. He is here every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This Thursday night my son was sick with a stomach bug so I texted DCM and told her I would be closed Friday. Then Saturday morning she texted me that she didn't know if I was going to have to close the rest of the weekend but she went ahead and found someone else to watch DCB Saturday and Sunday so I could have a break and get caught up on cleaning, laundry, etc. It was a nice surprise for me and I'm glad to have the time to get everything well-sanitized before DCB comes back. I thought it was really thoughtful of her that even though she still has to pay me for those days she was still willing to pay someone else as well to give me a break.
Luvnmykidz 09:06 AM 09-07-2014
That was really nice of her. I am finding that even though there are several DCP who are very selfish and inconsiderate when it comes to pretty much everything, you will definitely come across a few golden ones who really appreciate what we do and have put some thought into what its like on the other side of the fence. I have a DCM who never gripes about paying when dcg isn't here and brings us tons of things that we will need. She says "Ms. K this is for you because I know you will never have too many... I also have a drop in dcg who grandma never pays my rate but always pays over the rate. I tell her its $40 for the day she pays $60 and says thanks for accepting her drop in, we really appreciate you. I am very grateful for these DCP's who can see both sides of it and understand that providers do daycare for many reasons and regardless of the love, money plays a big role
Thriftylady 09:58 AM 09-07-2014
That is awesome!
Reply Up