Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cabin Fever Family Event
Josiegirl 10:48 AM 01-06-2018
I was thinking of hosting some kind of family event for mid-February, since I didn't do anything special for Christmas for dcfs(Halloween event took too much out of me Lol).
I don't really have a sledding spot and we never really know what the temperature will be(winter's already starting out brutal) so I'm trying to think of a different idea that might be fun, cheap and easy.
So of course, this is the 1st place I thought of asking for ideas. Because, simply put, you guys are all the best!
Josiegirl 10:56 AM 01-06-2018
Maybe I should shoot for end of Feb. because I don't want to make it so close to Valentines Day.
Cat Herder 07:37 AM 01-07-2018
A fire safety and emergency preparedness open house is highly recommended here. You can get several points for hosting it. It might even have the side effect of saving a life or two.

Attached: ladder (474 x 474).jpg (60.3 KB) practice (474 x 297).jpg (28.3 KB) 
Cat Herder 07:46 AM 01-07-2018
Also, let families cook their own brats and marshmallows on sticks so kids can see, hear, smell, taste and feel the effects of fire firsthand.
kendallina 11:00 AM 01-07-2018
I do an annual Valentines Party for the families because I don't do anything at Christmas, I find that everyone's just too busy at Christmas. I keep it simple, potluck. I make chili. And we do a Sing-Along-basically a curable time with the families. It's a lot of fun!
Reply Up