Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Cooking With Wine
My Daycare 07:18 AM 10-01-2011
Does anyone know if the all of the alcohol really burns off in a dish? I hear that it does, but I'm not sure if I believe it. Would you cook with wine for your family or your daycare kids?

I do use it in cooking for my family and I was wondering if anyone used it for their daycare kids meals?
godiva83 10:17 AM 10-07-2011
I cook a lot with wine ;o) most of it ends up in my glass.
I think it is safe, could be wrong but usually the alcohol cooks off and little to no alcohol is left. My son who is almost 2 loves a good wine sauce reduction
Cat Herder 11:20 AM 10-07-2011
Not worth the PR risk, IMHO.
sharlan 03:43 PM 10-07-2011
I wouldn't do it.

But then again, I don't care for the taste or smell of wine and can taste it when added to sauces, etc.
Country Kids 05:00 PM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I wouldn't do it.

But then again, I don't care for the taste or smell of wine and can taste it when added to sauces, etc.
Me to! My husband will buy a cold coffee drink and no one, no one can taste the coffe. Give it to me and its the grossest thing because I can taste the coffe and I really do not like coffee.
Jenniferdawn 04:55 PM 10-09-2011
I cook with wine for my family (a little red wine in spaghetti sauce etc.), but I wouldn't risk it for daycare, not because I think it would hurt them, but because of legal issues it might get you in.
Tags:accusations, advertise - word of mouth, alcohol, licensing
Reply Up