Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stressed - Not Sure What to Think or Do?????
daycare123 07:51 PM 06-27-2012
First of let me say I am legally unlicensed in ND...I care for 4 children plus my daughter. Only one is under 12 mo. one is under 24 mo. I have been doing daycare for 3 years now. Never once been a problem. My landlord called me this evening and there is now an issue with my daycare. And i am positive that it is the 80 sum year old lady who lives across the hall from me that is causing the problems. One time MY daughter was having a fit she knocked on the door and asked if i needed help. I said no..it's just my kid having a fit. A few weeks ago she had made a comment about the kids giving her a headache. I was speechless. Then last friday she stopped on of my dck moms and told her her son was crying all day. I was like are you serious. Dcm had text me and told me. Not the case at all. I brought the baby inside while i got the other kids inside and he started crying, cause he was tired. So i'm sure that irritated her. In the last three years my landlords have seen the kids outside and never said anything even though i never "asked" for permission to daycare. Well this evening i get a call from my landlord. Am I licensed? I said no I don't have to be but i follow all licensing standards for ND. I don't have over 5 kids including my daughter nor do i want anymore. Do I have liability ins? No but i will check into it and gladly purchase it. then they said something about reducing my numbers. I don't know what to think. I keep the kids quiet as possible, no running, screaming and such inside. What gets me is that they have clearly known all this time and now it's an issue. I don't know if there are any laws in North Dakota that say i can't run a daycare here or not. I talked to the woman that lives above me and she said they asked her and she said she has no complaints what so ever about the kids. Funny thing is that i asked the neighbor lady next door the other day after i heard that she stopped my dcm if the kids were bothering her and she said no. I'm stessed and don't know what to do or think. I have to check into liability ins in the morning and call them back and then have a meeting i think with them. They are worried that if someone gets hurt here that i will get sued or they will get sued. I'm at a loss!!!!!!!!
Tags:north dakota, stressed, unlicensed, unlicensed - north dakota
Up