Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Some of These Threads.....
mac60 04:44 PM 08-12-2010
Are just not very believeable. The thread on a just turned 2 yr old telling a 15 mo old to touch his penis......hmm, and the thread on the teacher making a child eat "dirt" which was cocoa.....hmm again. Sorry, but just not very believeable stories to me.
Michael 04:46 PM 08-12-2010
Simply don't answer them if you don't believe them. They are both registered and their info and IP look good.
mac60 05:14 PM 08-12-2010
I didn't answer them, just saying sometimes things.....just don't look or sound quite believeable. A just turned 2 yr old saying that???????
Michael 05:30 PM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
I didn't answer them, just saying sometimes things.....just don't look or sound quite believeable. A just turned 2 yr old saying that???????
I am surprised at what kids these days say and do at such young ages. Is it me or are they growing up way too fast. Did you read the other day where girls are starting puberty at seven?

http://open.salon.com/blog/caitlin_kelly/2010/08/09/puberty_at_seven_bloody_nightmare
Jewels 05:47 PM 08-12-2010
Really not believable huh. A 2 year old telling another kid to touch his penis, Why do you think I looked for a forum to ask about it, Because I couldnt believe it and it happened right in front of me, You really think I would just post that for what......Laughs? That 15 month old little girl is my own daughter, you have no idea how disturbed that made me, Hes so young, And I'm friends with his mother.
kendallina 05:51 PM 08-12-2010
Are just not very believeable. The thread on a just turned 2 yr old telling a 15 mo old to touch his penis......hmm, and the thread on the teacher making a child eat "dirt" which was cocoa.....hmm again. Sorry, but just not very believeable stories to me.
I think both of these threads are very believable and I don't know why someone would register and then make this stuff up.
Former Teacher 06:27 PM 08-12-2010
I see different sides of the story. IMO yes I believe there are people on here who register and try to cause friction between everyone. However the admin says that all the info is good, so we must give the new members the benefit of the doubt and believe them.

Then again, if these people are legit etc. I, too, find it hard to believe some of these stories. Esp. the dirt one. I have always believed that as an adult in the childcare profession ( or just as adult in general), I have a voice. I need to be that voice to someone (child, elderly, animal) who can't speak for themselves. It would wear on my conscience to sit back and do nothing other than worry about my job. NO job whatsoever is worth watching a helpless human being being abused. There are NO excuses.

However I also agree with Michael on this. If you don't like it, or don't believe them (for whatever reason), simply move on.
Michael 06:31 PM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
I see different sides of the story. IMO yes I believe there are people on here who register and try to cause friction between everyone. However the admin says that all the info is good, so we must give the new members the benefit of the doubt and believe them.

Then again, if these people are legit etc. I, too, find it hard to believe some of these stories. Esp. the dirt one. I have always believed that as an adult in the childcare profession ( or just as adult in general), I have a voice. I need to be that voice to someone (child, elderly, animal) who can't speak for themselves. It would wear on my conscience to sit back and do nothing other than worry about my job. NO job whatsoever is worth watching a helpless human being being abused. There are NO excuses.

However I also agree with Michael on this. If you don't like it, or don't believe them (for whatever reason), simply move on.
Thanks, that was an even tempered post
mac60 03:25 AM 08-13-2010
Maybe you all didn't notice, I never responded to "those threads".
emosks 05:32 AM 08-13-2010
May I ask then what was the purpose of this post?
JJPlaycare 05:56 AM 08-13-2010
I think she is trying to get the boot like Nan! Since we were told to stop going off of subject on threads I guess the new thing to do is to bash new members and there threads by making up ridiculous threads of our own to bash them on! Mac60 once again everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but sometimes it is better to just keep them to ourselves!! Didn't your mother ever teach you this simple statement, in which I am sure she did and you probably use it in your childcare setting, "If you can't say something nice, than don't say anything at all!" You should try that yourself, if you don't like it or believe it ignore it and move on, as simple as 1, 2, 3!
mac60 06:16 AM 08-13-2010
Whatever....just like you are entitled to say whatever opinion you want, I am entitled to my opinion too. I simply stated some things seemed unbelieveable. It is the rest of you making a big deal out of my opinion. Have a good day.
missnikki 07:16 AM 08-13-2010
mac60,
to answer your question, YES those issues do seem unbelievable. And that is exactly what I would mutter over and over in my head if I had to deal with them.
As far as the threads themselves, I do not think any less of myself for reading or responding. If they are fake, then OOOOh, you got me. At least they got me thinking about the oddities of minding kids, and help me not to get caught off guard.
Not a big deal one way or another. At worst, they are entertaining...
jane_doe_17 05:09 PM 08-13-2010
I can assure you that the "dirt/cocoa" story was absolutely true. As you can obviously see it was my first post, but the incident so disturbed me that I turned to strangers for advice, which turns out was my mistake, seeing as how I have been accused of a) making the story up and b) turning a blind eye to abuse.

I told the teacher at the time that what she was doing was against state licensing regulations (she just shrugged and said "whatever") and took the little boy to the bathroom to wash his face and gave him a cup of water.

Someone pointed out that I was a mandated reporter, which hadn't crossed my mind, so I got some good advice, but I don't think I'll be coming back if this is how honest newcomers are treated.
Michael 05:17 PM 08-13-2010
Hi Jane,

Sorry about that. Disregard some of the members. We are moving some of them out of the forum. If you need anything please Private Message me.

Michael
Chickenhauler 10:14 PM 08-13-2010
While those subjects may seem out there, a couple things you have to take into consideration....

1) It's not 1954, and our world view (and the information that we have at our fingertips) has gotten much larger. Worldwide, to be exact....the whole "World Wide Web" thing. Yes, there are some things that just seem to weird to be true, but as your scope of society broadens and you interact with more and more people, the odds of coming across weird-ness grows exponentially.

2)If you think these things are far fetched, don't turn on the evening news. EVER. You'll lose your marbles.

3)Realize....people are weird. And they're only getting weirder.
professionalmom 08:14 PM 08-14-2010
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:
While those subjects may seem out there, a couple things you have to take into consideration....

1) It's not 1954, and our world view (and the information that we have at our fingertips) has gotten much larger. Worldwide, to be exact....the whole "World Wide Web" thing. Yes, there are some things that just seem to weird to be true, but as your scope of society broadens and you interact with more and more people, the odds of coming across weird-ness grows exponentially.

2)If you think these things are far fetched, don't turn on the evening news. EVER. You'll lose your marbles.

3)Realize....people are weird. And they're only getting weirder.
It is scary how weird it is getting, isn't it? Common sense seems to have disappeared and been replaced by weird. Sometimes I actually wonder if I am the crazy one when I see and hear so much weird stuff. If so many people are insane, does that make them "normal" and me "abnormal" or "crazy"? Hmmmm...

And no, do not turn on the news. It'll blow your mind. That's why I stay far far away from it.
Tags:unbelievable, unregistered
Reply Up