Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question
care-care 05:18 AM 12-13-2010
I was wondering what I should charge for some one who called me and asked for basically part time care
Monday-thursday 1-5 pm
Friday 7-5 pm
I am new starting and I have one family and I charge 35 a day full day 25 a day half day
This would be like 26 hours a week. and occasionally extra on short days. What would you do? any responder would be great.
BTW is for infant 6 months old
BentleysBands 05:21 AM 12-13-2010
for me, thats FULL time . i dont go by hours per say...i would charge full time. esp. since its dropping off during nap which may cause a problem. it would for me.
marniewon 05:23 AM 12-13-2010
You could do it a couple different ways. You could just say they are taking up a full time spot and charge them your full time rates, or you could contract them for those hours, charge $135/week (4 part days, 1 full day) and then charge an hourly amount if they ever need to go over those hours.
care-care 05:30 AM 12-13-2010
ya but a full time rate would be 175 a week and very doubfully anyone would pay that for such small hours I wouldnt lol
I think that 135 was good thats what I was thinking
another provider thought to charge 20 per day on short 35 on long so 115.00 and if need extra hours tell them 35 a day over the 1-5 pm.
but i am trying to call this number back and it wont go through crap
Unregistered 05:46 AM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by cvankampen:
I was wondering what I should charge for some one who called me and asked for basically part time care
Monday-thursday 1-5 pm
Friday 7-5 pm
I am new starting and I have one family and I charge 35 a day full day 25 a day half day
This would be like 26 hours a week. and occasionally extra on short days. What would you do? any responder would be great.
BTW is for infant 6 months old
Thats not part time care its full time. Part time is 3 days or less but I dont do part time. Charge regular full time rate.
jen 06:34 AM 12-13-2010
I would tell them that generally, those hours would be considered full time, as it would be impossible to "sell" the remaining hours. Then I would offer them a very small discount of $10 or $15 per week.
ninosqueridos 11:11 AM 12-13-2010
Go with the full time rate $175 per week! I made the mistake of charging lower when I was starting based on the ANTICIPATED schedule and then screwed myself when the hours were always different and I had to COUNT HOURS which was PITA!! I'm so glad I now switched to one rate for the day (regardless of hours), so then I could never be upset if a parent used me for 4.5 hours who originally said 4 hours. Good luck!
melissa ann 02:16 PM 12-13-2010
I would charge full-time. I don't do half days. No matter how many hours a child is in my care, it's the same daily rate.
Tags:part time care
Reply Up