Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's 10:45 pm...
themoorethemerrier 07:51 PM 10-20-2011
and I'm still cooking and cleaning!!!

I am no stranger to the wahm life and until summer hit I was rocking the dc world with my mad skills of coordinating the farm, homeschooling and dc. Now that fall is here I am really struggling with keeping up with the meal planning/prep. By the time the the dc kids are out the door, I'm thinking, Who needs dinner? We can have popcorn, pb spoons, raisins and milk!

Anyone else experiencing the seasonal funk?
sahm2three 08:05 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by themoorethemerrier:
and I'm still cooking and cleaning!!!

I am no stranger to the wahm life and until summer hit I was rocking the dc world with my mad skills of coordinating the farm, homeschooling and dc. Now that fall is here I am really struggling with keeping up with the meal planning/prep. By the time the the dc kids are out the door, I'm thinking, Who needs dinner? We can have popcorn, pb spoons, raisins and milk!

Anyone else experiencing the seasonal funk?
Yep. Major funk. Ugh.
melskids 03:19 AM 10-21-2011
i totally understand, except i'm the opposite.

summer puts me in a huge funk. a house full of schoolagers all day, more mess, more things to do outside of the home on weekends, longer daylight hours means more work outside...ugh.

i come alive in the fall. less kiddos, less chaos, less mess, etc. i LOVE when it gets darker earlier, it seems to help me get everything done sooner in the day. i LOVE the 5 feet of snow that packs us in our tiny little house.. it forces us to spend more time just being together.

of course, by april, i'm begging for the snow to go away.

as far as meal planning and prep, i try to do ALOT of that ahead of time. whatever my DC kids eat for lunch, i cook double, and my family gets for dinner that night. (i'd rather cook during the day, then try to start a dinner at 6:30 at night.) i also cook and bake HUGE amounts of food once a month and freeze in containers that i can pop right in the oven or microwave.

here are some sites i use for once a month cooking...

http://once-a-monthcooking.com/

http://onceamonthmom.com/

Someone just brought me over 60 bananas the other day, a little past their prime. i'll be making enough banana bread this weekend to last us a year...lol
Unregistered 05:09 AM 10-21-2011
for me it is on the other end too..... I don't want to get up in the morning. It's perfect sleeping weather and once I finally do fall asleep, I just want to hibernate. I have the ugh......time to get up and do it all over again. But then......coffee happens, and it's usually one of the best parts of the day when the kid's come in all refreshed <----usually----
I just want five more minutes for two hours more........tee hee
Meyou 06:27 AM 10-21-2011
I almost always prep and cook my dinner while I'm cooking lunch for the kids. I'm too tired to cook and then clean the mess at the end of the day. I prefer reheat and throw 5 plates in the dishwasher.
learn-n-grow 08:01 AM 10-21-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
i totally understand, except i'm the opposite.

summer puts me in a huge funk. a house full of schoolagers all day, more mess, more things to do outside of the home on weekends, longer daylight hours means more work outside...ugh.

i come alive in the fall. less kiddos, less chaos, less mess, etc. i LOVE when it gets darker earlier, it seems to help me get everything done sooner in the day. i LOVE the 5 feet of snow that packs us in our tiny little house.. it forces us to spend more time just being together.

of course, by april, i'm begging for the snow to go away.

as far as meal planning and prep, i try to do ALOT of that ahead of time. whatever my DC kids eat for lunch, i cook double, and my family gets for dinner that night. (i'd rather cook during the day, then try to start a dinner at 6:30 at night.) i also cook and bake HUGE amounts of food once a month and freeze in containers that i can pop right in the oven or microwave.

here are some sites i use for once a month cooking...

http://once-a-monthcooking.com/

http://onceamonthmom.com/

Someone just brought me over 60 bananas the other day, a little past their prime. i'll be making enough banana bread this weekend to last us a year...lol
I really like the websites! Thanks for the tip!
themoorethemerrier 12:33 PM 10-21-2011
Thanks for the links - I just have to finally commit to cook one whole Saturday of the month.

I've got a 3 family co-op for Friday date nights, which is awesome, and I'm currently tryng to drag them into a casserole/baked goods co-op, too.
Tags:overwhelmed
Reply Up