Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>What Does Your Little Chef Make?
3swirls 06:04 PM 05-15-2012
I'm looking for for ideas that toddlers can help make. So far we have made pancakes, rice krispies, cookies... I want them involved and doing most of th work. I have 14 two year olds
temom 06:46 AM 05-16-2012
My 5 yr old is into cooking, he has been since he was 2, we went to super store and got these kid cutting tool that can cut fruit, veggies without cutting their little fingers, its really cool. after we found this my son was incharge of making the salad for dinner, i let him also scramble the eggs for omlets. Good luck
SunshineMama 06:57 AM 05-16-2012
I buy pizza dough and they paint on the sauce and sprinkle the cheese- they love it!!
Rachel 07:20 AM 05-16-2012
I really like the moosewood cookbooks (I'm sure your library has one). One is salad people, one is pretend soup. They tested the recipes not only for kid friendly, but for things the kids could actually do. We've made quite a few things fromt he books and they always come out great.
Bella99 05:08 AM 06-02-2012
Soup in a crock pot? You can prepare the chopped vegi's, and give each kid a turn to put in a 2-handful, into the cold crockpot. Then they can take turns stirring as it cooks!
AmyLeigh 06:13 PM 06-11-2012
I'm sorry, but everytime I see the title I think of the movie Ratatouille.

I have my children baking using boxed mixes. They mix everything up and I put it in the oven. My 5 yo is a great muffin man!
How about salad? They have those great plastic lettuce knives.
Or no-bake cookies? The more you mix them, the better they are.

Really anything that doesn't require a sharp knife or working over a stove a preschooler could be taught to help with.
MamaBearCanada 07:18 PM 10-26-2012
Fruit crisp/crumble is one my kids really like. They have a lot of fun making the crumble part and then sprinkling it on. They also like make your own pizzas.
Tags:activities - food
Reply Up