Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fraud stand clear
DCMama 08:16 PM 02-22-2013
I am so sad. I am scammed by yellow page ad solution. I agreed to their pay per calls ad and now i truly regret it. I did not recieved any calls and yet they billed me for 6 calls. When i talked to them about they sent me their call log that shows only block calls and unknown callers. Their was not a number that i can ca back to verified if they are potential clients or not. This is sick, they wont disbute my bills and they wont cancel me until 2014. This is trully bs. I dont know what to do. I am planning to take them to small claim court because this seem like a scam to me! Stand clear! This is the worst thing ever!! If you kno anyone in similar stituation and know what to do about this please help.
EchoMom 08:40 PM 02-22-2013
I'm sorry. How much do they charge you per call?
MyAngels 08:44 PM 02-22-2013
See if you have any recourse through your state's Attorney Generals Office and the Better Business Bureau.

I hate scumbags.
Lyss 09:01 PM 02-22-2013
That's terrible! I'd be calling everyday and pitching a fit!

This website has good info on what do do and who to contact

Hope you can get it resolved!
DCMama 10:22 PM 02-22-2013
My bill came out to be 99 bucks. This is for calls that i NEVER recieved. My phone record doesnt showed it. They told me their phone record shows six calls but how convienence the calls were block and had no real numbers. They refused to help me and the sale rep i signed up with is no where to be found.
Blackcat31 07:01 AM 02-23-2013
Have you already paid for services? If so, was it with a credit card? They will fight disputes for you.

If you haven't paid it yet, I would write up a letter stating your issues and that you are NOT paying for services you didn't receive and that you are wishing to no longer be a part of their "program". Make sure you TELL them to not contract you anymore and to delete any and all contact info they have for you.

Have the letter notarized and then keep a copy yourself and send the letter to them.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I hate when companies turn out to be scam artists.
peekaboo 11:02 AM 02-23-2013
The yellow pages scam called me. They claimed I owed them over $600.00 for a ad I placed. For years I had a reg acct with an online yellow pages that I paid $39.00 a month for. I had it linked to my web page. I assumed at first I was speaking to this company. When I asked why the payment plan had changed? They informed me they where a different yellow page company etc... When I told them I wasn't interested they told me I still owed the money because they had ran the ad for the past 12 months. Right! who runs an ad for free for a full year and then collects. I told them I wasn't paying it. Later I noticed a $498.00 charge on my AMEX. I hadn't given them any credit info. All I can figure is this company took over for the previous yellow page company. I hadn't noticed the charge because my it was about the same amount as my daughters school. I didn't realize till too late her school didn't charge for June. It wasn't I down loaded my AMEX info for my taxes that I discovered the charge. They charged me in June (the first time they called threatening to remove my ad and ruin my business). They continued to call through Dec wanting money for an ad they claimed they ran for me. They're now frozen and can't charge to me AMEX. however they continue to call threatening to ruin my business. BTW you can post an ad on the online yellow pages for free. I now have my AMEX on my smart phone and have alerts on charges.
DCMama 03:08 PM 02-23-2013
I did some research and apparently this kind of thing happened to a lot of small business owners like myself. Wish there was a way to resolve this fast. I do not want them to send me to collection but I do not want to pay for services that I did not receive. If they keep billing me for all this mysteries calls they will be making a lot of money off of me. I want out. I already report this to the BBB. hopefully that will help. I want to do all that I can to get out of this.
Kaddidle Care 03:27 PM 02-23-2013
There is a huge yellow page scam - they send you invoices with a dollar amount and hope you pay it. Email them, tell them you don't want it so you have a written record.

I had 2 different ones - one emailed me back immediately and removed me from their list. The other I haven't heard from but they're not getting any money.

I work for a Church and they are the lowest of low to try to get over on a house of worship.

BTW - I noticed that both of the invoices from different companies both came from Florida. I'm betting they are one and the same.
Blackcat31 03:30 PM 02-23-2013
Originally Posted by DCMama:
I did some research and apparently this kind of thing happened to a lot of small business owners like myself. Wish there was a way to resolve this fast. I do not want them to send me to collection but I do not want to pay for services that I did not receive. If they keep billing me for all this mysteries calls they will be making a lot of money off of me. I want out. I already report this to the BBB. hopefully that will help. I want to do all that I can to get out of this.
Is the debit card you paid with a Visa by chance? If so, call the number on the back and they will help you if you tell them there is a charge you are disputing.

I would call the Attorney General's Office and report this. I would also call the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint with them about the company.
Reply Up