Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does This Sound Professional...or B*^*’y?
littlefriends 11:34 AM 02-17-2020
Dear Families, This is just a friendly reminder that all pick ups and drop offs need to be as quick and easy as possible. If you need to discuss anything regarding your child with me please send me an email or text or I can set up a time outside of daycare hours to meet with you. Please refrain from bringing siblings into the daycare with you or allowing your child to run around and misbehave instead of getting ready to leave. Parents are expected to come directly inside, sign in/out, and leave with no fuss. All of these things take my attention away from the other kids in my care and cause me to lose valuable time with my own family in the evenings. I have included a copy of the page in my handbook that covers this topic if you need to reference it. Thanks in advance for your cooperation and understanding!
Ariana 11:43 AM 02-17-2020
I think it is a bit too wordy, most people won’t read that much.

“Just a reminder to please make drops offs short and sweet so as not to interfere with my family time at the end of the day. Please refer to the enclosed handout for more clarification. I appreciate your understanding.”

Then go into more detail in the handout.
Cat Herder 06:05 AM 02-18-2020
I agree with Arianna. I would make one change, though.

Instead of citing my own family as the source of the need for their compliance, I would cite the need for my full attention to be on the other kids to prevent injuries. Generally, they are not so concerned with what affects us as they would be what affects children, IMO. Some have never seen us struggle, so assume this comes super easy to us.
littlefriends 06:22 AM 02-18-2020
Okay, thanks ladies!!

I am a gabber by nature; I talk way too much...
Getting fed up with some behaviors from parents AND kiddos lately.
Snowmom 06:25 AM 02-18-2020
^ Yes!

For the safety of all children enrolled, please remember that drop off and pick up should be brief, allowing for just enough time for a cheerful goodbye kiss and gather your belongings.
Also as a reminder, any children not enrolled in ABC daycare should not be on the premises or allowed in the daycare space per licensing regulations.
Thank you.
Ariana 07:06 AM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
Okay, thanks ladies!!

I am a gabber by nature; I talk way too much...
Getting fed up with some behaviors from parents AND kiddos lately.
My husband helped me with this! He would proof read everything and say “just state facts, short and sweet. No emotion” .
Tags:bye bye outside, conferences, pick up policy, quick drop off
Reply Up