Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>This Should Be A New One
eliteconcept 03:25 PM 02-01-2012
Can a daycare provider make you sign a form stating you won't claim day care costs on our taxes?
They want to make us sign a form stating this.
What if I sign it but claim it anyways? Is the form a legally binding contact even though its federal law they have to claim their income?
Blackcat31 03:37 PM 02-01-2012
No she cannot make you sign something like that. Asking you to NOT claim an expense is fraudulant and I would be really leary of that.

She an have you sign, and if you claim your expenses anyways, I would LOVE to see her try to make you stick the agreement since I would think it would be invalid as it isn't legal to do that in the first place. Atleast as far as I am aware.
eliteconcept 03:40 PM 02-01-2012
That was my thought.
They couldn't make up an agreement saying that we wouldn't report things like child abuse or murder, because there are greater laws on those things. Just like the federal government dictates these things..
Thats my thought at least.
AfterSchoolMom 04:34 PM 02-01-2012
No. It's illegal, so even if you signed it it couldn't be enforced. As a matter of fact, if you went to court, the provider would probably be the one getting into trouble!
Heidi 04:42 PM 02-01-2012
Not claiming income is called Tax Evasion....a provider asking you to sign that might as well call the IRS and turn herself in!
frugalmama4 05:07 PM 02-01-2012
Yep, stupidest thing I heard in a while...Please do not leave your child(ren) with this person...they ain't right

Can you say Hott Mess!
TomCopeland 07:22 PM 02-01-2012
I agree with all of the comments posted. The provider is trying to avoid reporting her income. You are always entitled to claim the child care tax credit, no matter what you sign or don't sign. Don't sign it.
Reply Up