Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Backbone Help (Snow Day)
Shell 12:42 PM 01-02-2014
I should have just closed today due to my own kids up all night with a bad cold. I stayed open because I don't get paid if I close down, hoping parents would call in due to the snow and bad road conditions. Well of course, my first Dc kid arrives at usual time. Later in the day, I call dcm to find out what the deal is since all my neighbors are home from office jobs, roads are horrible, schools closed and daycares are closed early. Dcm says they are not getting out early and dcd is leaving work at typical time. She says she hopes no one is on the road because that would make dcd late tonight. Based on road conditions, I am guessing dcd will be 30 mins if not later. Dcb falls apart at end of day, and I know it 's going to be rough. I need help from you guys to find a way to let them know that they cant just arrive whenever, and need to plan according to weather. Last time they were late, I used blackcat 's "oops " late letter and waived fee. I will have to enforce a $30 fee and am nervous dcd will argue about the fee due to weather. Also, I don't want the money for late fees, I want dcb picked up on time. Help!
daycarediva 12:52 PM 01-02-2014
Just tell dcm that dcd needs to plan ahead for the weather and do his best to arrive on time.

We have a winter weather warning and ALL of my parents have texted me saying they are leaving early to be here early/on time. (and I don't have the best policy following parents)
Shell 02:05 PM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Just tell dcm that dcd needs to plan ahead for the weather and do his best to arrive on time.

We have a winter weather warning and ALL of my parents have texted me saying they are leaving early to be here early/on time. (and I don't have the best policy following parents)
Thanks for responding. Fortunately, dcd made it on time tonight. I need to update my phb, so this is the time to make sure everyone is on the same page about all the policies!
Cradle2crayons 02:16 PM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by mrsmichelle:
I should have just closed today due to my own kids up all night with a bad cold. I stayed open because I don't get paid if I close down, hoping parents would call in due to the snow and bad road conditions. Well of course, my first Dc kid arrives at usual time. Later in the day, I call dcm to find out what the deal is since all my neighbors are home from office jobs, roads are horrible, schools closed and daycares are closed early. Dcm says they are not getting out early and dcd is leaving work at typical time. She says she hopes no one is on the road because that would make dcd late tonight. Based on road conditions, I am guessing dcd will be 30 mins if not later. Dcb falls apart at end of day, and I know it 's going to be rough. I need help from you guys to find a way to let them know that they cant just arrive whenever, and need to plan according to weather. Last time they were late, I used blackcat 's "oops " late letter and waived fee. I will have to enforce a $30 fee and am nervous dcd will argue about the fee due to weather. Also, I don't want the money for late fees, I want dcb picked up on time. Help!
In my late pickup policy I address this by saying "late pickups due to weather are still subject to the late pickup fee in the amount of $$" and "please plan daycare attendance around dangerous weather conditions"
Shell 04:00 PM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
In my late pickup policy I address this by saying "late pickups due to weather are still subject to the late pickup fee in the amount of $$" and "please plan daycare attendance around dangerous weather conditions"
Thanks for sharing this. I will be using this, or something very similar in my new phb.
Tags:backbone, snow policy
Reply Up