Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would This Bother You
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 09:08 AM 02-19-2015
I have a new dck who is a month shy of 2. Very sweet little boy, he doesn't tLk yet just babbles. Well mom dropped him off and said that her nail scratched his nose when she was getting him dressed. Ok I get that and it is what it looks like. A very small scratch on his nose. Well dad picked up and said it happen when he fell playing in the driveway over the weekend. Seriously! Why would one scratch have two completely different stories.... It kind of bothers me but it's just a tiny scratch.
AmyKidsCo 09:11 AM 02-19-2015
It's probably nothing - maybe Mom is embarrassed that she "allowed" her child to get hurt. But I'd document it with both stories in case it becomes a habit.
Shell 09:16 AM 02-19-2015
It's a little strange. I find sometimes though that dcd might not be in the "know" of everything that happens, or tunes out dcm when she's talking (like my ds does ). It's possible the child did fall in the driveway, unrelated to the scratch, but dcd just assumed that was why and wanted to give you some explanation.
jenboo 10:22 AM 02-19-2015
I have done something similar with a parent before.
Me: "I noticed this scratch on DCB face. I think it happened when he fell on the sidewalk"
Dcp: "he came with that this morning. He scratched it on the fireplace.

Oops
BabyMonkeys 10:37 AM 02-19-2015
I have one little guy that is almost 14m and he is the clumsiest baby I have ever seen. He doesn't cry though, he gets back up and continues to play. He constantly has bumps and bruises that the parents and I have no idea when they happened. It's possible the mom didn't know he scratched his nose on the driveway and assumed it must have been where she scratched him.
Thriftylady 11:21 AM 02-19-2015
I might document it but I wouldn't let it get to me. It may be that mom and dad don't really know but wanted to explain it so you wouldn't think it was abuse. Obviously you wouldn't have thought that but people are so afraid of being accused these days.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 12:02 PM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I might document it but I wouldn't let it get to me. It may be that mom and dad don't really know but wanted to explain it so you wouldn't think it was abuse. Obviously you wouldn't have thought that but people are so afraid of being accused these days.
This makes sense. I just found it weird that both had a different reason for this tiny scratch on his nose. I've just never in 4 years had a mom say this and dad that. It is usually dad saying I have no idea. Lol.
LD14 01:24 PM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
It's a little strange. I find sometimes though that dcd might not be in the "know" of everything that happens, or tunes out dcm when she's talking (like my ds does ). It's possible the child did fall in the driveway, unrelated to the scratch, but dcd just assumed that was why and wanted to give you some explanation.
I thought this exact same thing when I read the post.

I'd document it just to keep it on file, but more than likely it's a tiny scratch with no real meaning behind it. Both incidents could have happened and Dad might think the scratch was from the fall.
Reply Up