Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cluck You....... Really?
Cat Herder 07:33 AM 03-09-2012
So I got tired of replacing Broken/Scratched CD's and now turn on the cable music station for kids during Morning Dance Time (P.E.). (Yes, I still own hundreds of cassettes, too )

This morning we were greeted by a Man clucking the song "F.U." ...they call it "Cluck You"... Complete with roosters crowing... Bok, Bok.... Bachahhhh..

N.I.C.E...... I may have to come up with yet another plan.. I DO NOT want to have to learn to use (or invest more money into) an IPOD, though...

Waiting to see how they reword old Naughty by Nature songs, now.... Other Peoples Paintbrushes?

Ok, I admit I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes...but I am not sure my clients would approve. I was really caught off guard.
Blackcat31 07:45 AM 03-09-2012
wow! but ya a little

KDC 07:55 AM 03-09-2012
I think it was from the muppets movie? My kids had seen it on a commercial at one time, definitely perked up my ears! I have 4 CD's on rotation... with Nursery Rhymes, however the kids come in singing, "I'm sexy and I know it". I've even seen viral videos of babies dancing provocatively to this song and adults think it's *cute*... ahem, would love to see if it has any effect on their teenage years
small_steps 08:16 AM 03-09-2012
I ususally rip the music onto my computer and then will play it from my computer OR burn a few cd's and use the ones I burned and save the original...because yes, they do get scratched up so easily.
MrsB 08:26 AM 03-09-2012
I use pandora on my computer or phone. Same as cable radio, but you can stop a song if you dont like it or you think it is inappropriate.
Cat Herder 09:23 AM 03-09-2012
Ok....so now I have to figure out what pandora is and ask my teens how one rips a CD on the computer. My program that came with my computer says "invalid" ...always has (Vista 32, Cheap from Walmart). I give up....

CD'S it is for now. I am exhausted... Maybe I'll grab some new kids dance videos.

Maybe a digital music library will be something I enlist my teens with this summer... I DID just figure out how to get Kindle on my PC... There is hope.
Ariana 09:53 AM 03-09-2012
I listen to anything and everything and hope they don't notice the lyrics!
Heidi 10:12 AM 03-09-2012
I found a radio station on line. I think I just googled "kids music" and got a public radio station. I have a couple old computer speakers, and put them on my laptop for music time.

I also borrowed some stuff from the library. We are studying nature this month, so I got some bird song cd's and some nature sounds/classical music mixes. We listen to those at breakfast alot.
VTMom 10:17 AM 03-09-2012
...and now I can't get that song out of my head. Thanks a LOT!
WImom 10:50 AM 03-09-2012
I use Spotify on my computer for music time.
BusyBee 12:00 PM 03-09-2012
Pandora is SUPER easy! You just find an artist you like and it creates a playlist. We always have the Elmo one on here. Beware, however, as some station that you think would be okay may not be. My 8 yo loves Justin Beiber (after dc hours) but some of the songs played on that station are explicit so I had to nix that one. Just to be careful. But the ones like Toddler Music, etc are fine!
SunshineMama 12:02 PM 03-09-2012
Toddler Tunes station on pandora. It is AMAZING!

Go to pandora.com, open a new account, and then type in Toddler Tunes in the station search. The next time you go on the site it will already be there for you.
SilverSabre25 12:02 PM 03-09-2012
Pandora FTW!

www.pandora.com

I find kids' music cloying and obnoxious, personally, but I use Pandora for lots of things. Especially Xmas music from Thanksgiving onward.
SunshineMama 12:03 PM 03-09-2012
My kids also like the Bob Marley station on Pandora- something about the rhythm makes them dance-happy.
KBCsMommy 01:10 PM 03-09-2012
Cat you HAVE to get Pandora.....Its FREEEEEE!!!

In the search engine type kids and they have stations with kids music, I love the soundscapes channel for naptime!!

I was rotating CD's as well and only a handful of songs even worked since they are scratched up, my husband bought me an iphone so I downloaded Pandora. But I have Pandora on my computer too! I love it!
Breezy 01:27 PM 03-09-2012
Pandora! I can use it on my phone or tablet too and then plug it into my stereo and play it through the big speakers. I ususally just listen to country radio though
beachgrl 07:58 AM 03-13-2012
I have lots of cds, many of those are scratched though..we do klove quite a bit because its safe lol, and this week are listening alot to irish music

I need to get pandora and use it myslef..i need a dock so i can get the music loud enough though.
MarinaVanessa 08:09 AM 03-13-2012
I hate using Pandora so maybe I'm the odd one out? . I can't stand the free version, it plays commercials and I hate commercials. I go as far as to record all of the TV shows that I like and watch them later just so that I can fast forward through the commercials. And I deffinetely don't want to listen to them when I listen to music (I don't listen to the radio for the same reason, we don't even own a radio in my home because of this and I have XM radio in my van which is commercial free) I avoid commercials like it was ebola and I deffinetelyI wouldn't dream of paying for pandora so iPods for me it is.

Actually I bought an Apple TV which plugs into your television system and connects to your computer (wirelessly if you have wireless internet or you connect it with an ethernet cable if you don't). You can play whatever you have on your iTunes library from your TV. I created a few playlist for daycare. I've accumulated a few kids CD's over the years and have borrowed my friends kids CD's so I have a pretty good library going on. It also works with movies too. Nowadays when you buy a DVD it comes with a digital copy for you to put on your iPods and smartphones so I add the kids movies to the Apple TV and play them on that too. No more scratched CD's or DVD's. But everyone has their own likes and their own budget .
Blackcat31 08:33 AM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I hate using Pandora so maybe I'm the odd one out? . I can't stand the free version, it plays commercials and I hate commercials. I go as far as to record all of the TV shows that I like and watch them later just so that I can fast forward through the commercials. And I deffinetely don't want to listen to them when I listen to music (I don't listen to the radio for the same reason, we don't even own a radio in my home because of this and I have XM radio in my van which is commercial free) I avoid commercials like it was ebola and I deffinetelyI wouldn't dream of paying for pandora so iPods for me it is.
Actually I bought an Apple TV which plugs into your television system and connects to your computer (wirelessly if you have wireless internet or you connect it with an ethernet cable if you don't). You can play whatever you have on your iTunes library from your TV. I created a few playlist for daycare. I've accumulated a few kids CD's over the years and have borrowed my friends kids CD's so I have a pretty good library going on. It also works with movies too. Nowadays when you buy a DVD it comes with a digital copy for you to put on your iPods and smartphones so I add the kids movies to the Apple TV and play them on that too. No more scratched CD's or DVD's. But everyone has their own likes and their own budget .
LOL!!

I am the same way!!! I will even avoid a show I want to watch (and watch or do somethign else) while it is on so I can record it and watch (commercial free) later.

I also have XM/Sirius and once I got it, I was hooked and cannot listen to public radio now since I am so anti-commercial. I bought an XM mps reciever that is portable so I can take it everywhere! I can also plug it into my TV or stereo like you do with an i-pod and use it.

I am also an i-pod lover so I go that route too, but anything with commercials I go out of my way to avoid!

I recently had someone tell me about Roku where you can buy this box thing and stream TV like Net Flix.....anyone else heard of it or use it? I haven't looked into it but it seems kind of cool.... http://www.roku.com/
Tags:dance center, music, music - age appropriate
Reply Up