Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Party For Clients...Good Or Bad Idea?
Sugar Magnolia 11:11 AM 11-21-2011
We have been open for 6 years and never had a party for our clients. We had a good year, thanks to them, and want to do something nice. We'll be having it at our house, not our center. I think its just more personal to have it at the house. Only one client in 6 years have ever seen our house, so I'm nervous. I don't know WHY, I just am, feels like we'll be under a microscope. Anyone else ever had a party for clients? Did people actually come? Should I ask for RSVP? Am I putting undue stress on myself a week before Christmas?
daycare 11:14 AM 11-21-2011
I had a large xmas party last year for the clients and kids. I hired out a santa and the kids sang songs for the parents.. I displayed all of their art work and projects that they did over the year. NOT all of them, just the ones that stayed here.

I had each family bring a dish, side dish or dessert.

We had a blast...

I would do it again, but bad year this year, so no $$ to do it...
snbauser 11:18 AM 11-21-2011
I do 2 family parties each year.
In December I host a spaghetti dinner on a Friday night for all of my current families. I tell them that is my gift to them...one night where they don't have to cook or worry about the kids. We decorate and have a bunch of the kids stuff up on the walls. The parents come at 6 (they leave the kids here until then) sit at one set of tables and the kids sit at the other. My teachers and I take care of the kids and the adults get to sit and relax and have adult conversation. My families really look forward to it. I have one parent whose child has moved on who keeps trying to figure out a way to get an invite LOL!!
In June I host a cookout for all of my current and former families. We have a water slide (or two), hamburgers, hot dogs, bbq, etc on a Saturday afternoon.
caring4kidsinSD 11:29 AM 11-21-2011
I have a summer picnic each year for the families - They like to get together and the parents love to catch up too. It's amazing how many of my families knew each other long ago - lost touch, and now have reconnected because their kids all come to my house. We didn't get it in this year because no one could come on the weekend that worked for me - But the past 5 years, they have enjoyed it a lot. They each bring a food to share and I grill hamburgers and hot dogs. I think the parents like it as well to see their kids play with their daycare playmates and to see how truely happy they are here.
mismatchedsocks 11:32 AM 11-21-2011
I do a bimonthly family dinner. One time it was here otherwise I find local small business owners/restaurants and have dinner/get together there. For my 10th anniversary I invited all present and past families to a park and we did raffles, hotdogs, etc. most everything was donated by local businesses.

In January I am hosting a party for my current families, my friends and family for celebrating being accredited. Cant wait!
Reply Up