Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This Product Looks Cool!!
SilverSabre25 05:03 AM 03-27-2013
Link to a Kickstarter for a neat children's product. It's got 2.5 days left and this looks very interesting. I'm especially intrigued by the wallet...I have a small boy that would be very intrigued by that!

They are durable cards (she already kickstartered an alphabet set) with numbers, colors, shapes, etc. They attach to a ring and are washable and apparently very durable. I am thinking of backing it...at least to get stuff for my own kids, if not daycare.

Meyou 05:40 AM 03-27-2013
I saw a pinterest tutorial to make these. I LOVE these ones.
Blackcat31 07:31 AM 03-27-2013
I have something similar to these for ABC's, Numbers and colors.

I laminated the cards and put them on a shower curtain hook.

We make one set for each child each year. We implement them into all sorts of activities.

This year for color ones, I went to Home Depot and got a TON of paint chip cards and laminated them and did the same.

The kids LOVE them! I have one little DCB who clips them to his belt loops and is constantly using them for reference to match colors, numbers or letters. It's adorable.

We have considered getting one of those retractable key chain like things for him so he can easily pull it up to his face and then let it go back in for easy carrying in the belt loop.
AmyKidsCo 09:12 AM 03-27-2013
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I saw a pinterest tutorial to make these. I LOVE these ones.
Link to the tutorial, pretty please?
just_peachy 09:18 AM 03-27-2013
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Link to the tutorial, pretty please?
Ditto!

My sweet 3yo daughter is having a harder time with letter recognition than her brothers did, it kind of caught me off guard because they picked it up no problem. She is willing though, and is always "reading" her flashcards. But they end up everywhere! I think if they were with her at all times, she'd always be looking through them and asking me about them. I love this idea!
just_peachy 09:18 AM 03-27-2013
Ooh, or maybe on a lanyard! Leggings wearers will have no pockets. Hmm... maybe a choking hazard?
butterfly 10:11 AM 03-27-2013
Interesting idea!

I was a little confused by their number cards though. For the number 2, it showed one monster holding 6 ice cream cones. Seems a little too confusing for even me.
Reply Up