Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>List of Online Stores for Child Care/Daycare Supplies
Lovatic24 05:53 PM 07-03-2014
So far I have:Please add yours
midaycare 07:07 PM 07-03-2014
Originally Posted by Lovatic24:
So far I have:
  • Lakeshore Learning
  • Discount School Supply
  • Nasco
Please add yours
I notice everyone always says they shop at Discount School Supply, but the prices seem high to me. What types of things do you buy there?
Annalee 07:33 PM 07-03-2014
Constructive play things
Oriental trading
Kaplan
Jems
Lovatic24 07:42 PM 07-03-2014
I never spend that much. They have lots of art supplies that are under $10. I am concidering the textured pop beads 100 for $19.99, Wooden bear family dress up puzzle $13.99, 1 of the clear backpacks for $8.99, 500 plastic links for 19.99, and I would like to get the hop around steps for $42.95, but that might have to be my birthday present to me. I generally don't spend mor than $10 but for things that will last a long time, or can be used by lots of different ages, I'll go up to $20. Over $20 is for special occasions and bank holidays

I watch two 18 mos, a 2.5 yo, and a 3.5 yo.
jenboo 08:41 PM 07-03-2014
Amazon
missy 09:22 PM 07-03-2014
Amazon.com 90% of things
Hayneedle.com has a daycare section
Oriental trading
Strictly For Kids

The specialty stores like Discount School Supply DO charge shipping, but I get things there that I can't find anywhere else--mainly the big things like furniture, feeding table, a particular sensory table that i couldn't find available anywhere else.

Strictly For Kids has THE best deal on evacuation cribs--I got the Scotsdale One-position non-adjustable evac cribs for $159 each (mattress included!!) which isn't much more than a normal daycare crib. And they are FABULOUS quality!! (I just checked, they are $184 now, but they were $159 for a long time:-)
Sunshine74 11:13 PM 07-03-2014
Early Childhood Manufacturer Direct (ECMD)
http://www.ecmdstore.com/

They tend to have some pretty good sales, and I can usually find an online coupon for free shipping. They have a lot of the same things as Lakeshore or Discount School Supply, but sometimes a bit cheaper.

I have found though, that no one site is considerably cheaper then another one. Last year our center did a major overhaul of our preschool program, and I was basically in charge of ordering the new supplies and furniture. I used Lakeshore, Discount School Supply, and ECMD because just when I thought one was better, I would find what I was looking for cheaper at another place.
Unregistered 12:29 PM 07-04-2014
ssww.com (S & S Worldwide - craft supplies)

Sometimes I buy stuff in bulk, but lots of times I use their craft ideas.
Lovatic24 08:35 PM 07-04-2014
oooh I forgot about oriental trading
Josiegirl 03:37 AM 07-05-2014
Thanks for posting ssww.com; I've never heard of it and they seem to have good deals on arts/crafts supplies!
Unregistered 06:56 AM 07-05-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Thanks for posting ssww.com; I've never heard of it and they seem to have good deals on arts/crafts supplies!
I like browsing their site or paper catalog for ideas. Sometimes it's worth it to buy the kits, but lots of times it's stuff we already have.
Some kits are really cute though. We got leather teddy bear purses to lace together and some real tiny frog beanbags that come with fabric markers.
Also have bought big cheap collections of tiles or beads. Some beads are too little for preschoolers but they like the odd assortment to choose from and the random really cool beads.
Unregistered 08:19 AM 07-06-2014
What do you folks do about potty training odor control and odor removal?
MarinaVanessa 09:11 AM 07-06-2014
I buy Lakeshore store brand items because by far those toys/materials seem to last a lot longer than if I buy similar toys at Target, Toys r Us etc. I was buying play food, cash registers, play clothes and other toys from Target when they had sales and such but I found I was replacing a lot of those within a year because they weren't withstanding all of the play. When I first bought a play food set from Lakeshore and I saw a 3 yo standing on one of the play food cans and it wasn't caving I was sold. Ive had the same playset for about 2-3 years and I still have it. I know I've saved money right there.

I do however buy a lot of the other brands still sold at Lakeshore from Amazon. A good example of a brand that Lakeshore sells is Learning Resources. I can always find the same item on Amazon for much cheaper, I don't leave my house and it comes to my door in 2 days. They have GREAT science and math stuff. Lakeshore also sells Melissa & Doug sets but at also at a higher cost than Amazon. Melissa & Doug is also cheaper on Amazon than the prices I see in Target, Toys R Us and even Kohl's.

Furniture I get from Discount School Supply. I bought a set of chairs that are multi weather for $17 per chair but they are fantastic. No metal parts to rust, I can spray and scrub them outside the hose them down and they are beat up by the kids .. They're still in great condition. I also got an 8' preschool table and I've had that outside on my patio since day 1 (3 years ago). Couldn't be happier.
Unregistered 11:15 AM 07-06-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What do you folks do about potty training odor control and odor removal?
http://www.amazon.com/Medi-Aire-Biol...bxgy_bt_text_y

It's a bit pricey but it works and lasts longer than you would think. I spray once in a room with diaper odor and that's it.
Reply Up