Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DYFS question
mrsnj 08:42 AM 08-12-2014
As you all know I had a parent call DYFS on my daycare and family this past spring. I received the letter closing the case from the personal case worker (the one covering my own children). I have not for the daycare. I was told he was closing it when he last spoke with me but have not heard from him since. I also know they have 60 days to do so. It will be 60 days Saturday. Everyday I go out to the mail and nothing. Should I wait until the 60 days and call? Just let it go assuming at the 60 day mark its closed anyway? I personally want it for my record. The case worker was very nice but old. I am assuming he is moving as slow as he walks and it will be done at his snail pace. Suggestions?
Thriftylady 09:12 AM 08-12-2014
I would call just for verification. It may not be the worker you are talking to that is actually doing the paperwork, it may be someone else but the worker can check on it for you.
Second Home 09:37 AM 08-12-2014
I would want it on paper and in my home file , we all know how sometimes you are told one thing but it never gets entered into the system .
sharlan 09:52 AM 08-12-2014
I would call and ask him about it.
Childminder 11:55 AM 08-12-2014
Maybe, if he's "old" he has gone on to the inspections in the sky. Or retired. Call and ask.
Reply Up