Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Policies Letter Wording
Preschool/daycare teacher 02:10 PM 11-25-2015
I did a search but didn't come up with anything specific to what I'm looking for. I've been working on changing my policies and by January I want to be completely done with all of my policy changes and give them to my current families. One family in particular is new and I haven't had any problem at all with them, but obviously I need everyone to have the same policy handbook. This newest family has done some of the things I am no longer allowing, or adding a small fee for (and I had no problem with them doing it, but I can see it being a problem with some families who just take advantage), and I don't want them to think it was because of them since they are my only scheduled weekly family right now after the other family left (the rest are drop in and school breaks/vacations only, but I am still hoping to add more regularly scheduled kids) So anyway, I'm trying to come up with a letter stating that I have new policies and they will begin the first full week of January (Monday, January 4th to be exact). It's a lot of changes. I've pretty much redone my handbook since it didn't include enough before. SO, I need help with "new policies" letter wording.
NillaWafers 02:31 PM 11-25-2015
I just did this. I sent everyone the same letter. I basically recapped the changes but then said that it was their responsibility to read the new handbook in its entirety (which I emailed since that sucker is like 30 pages long). Here's a link to what I wrote, not sure if you can see it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...p=docslist_api
Preschool/daycare teacher 07:17 PM 11-25-2015
Thank you for letting me see yours I think I have too many changes, though to be able to list them all out for the parents. I'd just be writing the whole policy handbook down I basically have a whole new handbook, rather than just a few changes to the original. My original could hardly be considered a policy handbook it had so few. I never needed much before, but I've been really learning it the hard way this year that not all parents are easy to work with
childcaremom 01:18 AM 11-26-2015
When I have done a major overhaul, I did like Nilla.

If yours is a drastic overhaul (I don't mean that in a bad way), then perhaps a letter stating that you've updated your policies, quite a few changes, please read and let me know if you have any questions, sign and return by x date. By signing, you agree to follow and abide by all policies.

I would still maybe highlight a few of the key changes that are sticklers for you (eg: late fees, illness, arrivals, etc).
NillaWafers 09:02 AM 11-26-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
When I have done a major overhaul, I did like Nilla.

If yours is a drastic overhaul (I don't mean that in a bad way), then perhaps a letter stating that you've updated your policies, quite a few changes, please read and let me know if you have any questions, sign and return by x date. By signing, you agree to follow and abide by all policies.

I would still maybe highlight a few of the key changes that are sticklers for you (eg: late fees, illness, arrivals, etc).
Yes, that is pretty much what I did. I highlighted the major stuff but there are small things in the handbook that were changed also. Making them sign and agree to it is the most important thing
Preschool/daycare teacher 10:44 AM 11-26-2015
Thank you! I took your suggestions and got started on the letter. I said, "A few of the changes include..." and under it I listed some of the bigger, more important changes.
Thanks for the help!
284878 12:04 PM 11-26-2015
Originally Posted by Preschool/daycare teacher:
Thank you for letting me see yours I think I have too many changes, though to be able to list them all out for the parents. I'd just be writing the whole policy handbook down I basically have a whole new handbook, rather than just a few changes to the original. My original could hardly be considered a policy handbook it had so few. I never needed much before, but I've been really learning it the hard way this year that not all parents are easy to work with
Last year, I highlighted the changes in the handbook or at least the ones, that I wanted to bring their attention too.
Tags:policies, policy - revisions, policy sample
Reply Up