Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Shoe Placement Ideas Please
PitterPatter 05:25 PM 12-04-2011
I just wanted to see if anyone had an idea to help me out for the Christmas season. I decorate a lot for the kids with blow ups and the animated musical characters and such. Doing so it takes up my spot that I normally have an area rug for everyone to put their shoes on upon entry. Now the only possible space will be a tiny spot beside/behind the door which is like a 12 x 10 at best. What can I use for shoe placement until after the holidays?
caring4kidsinSD 07:48 PM 12-04-2011
I bought a shoe storage box(from Target - closetmaid I believe - have room for 18 pairs of shoes I believe) and stuck it by the door - In the summer I use a big tub for on the deck when we come in that way
Meyou 11:28 PM 12-04-2011
I have a 3 tier shoe rack that holds about 12 adult pairs. It was $10 at Walmart.
Lianne 05:27 AM 12-05-2011
My entryway is tiny and the door opens right into my livingroom. When I've been tight on space, I used a laundry basket for shoes and boots. The downside was that if it's snowy, the canvas/fabric part of the boots were sometimes wet but it didn't really affect the wearing of them. I learned to stand the boots upright after everyone arrived.
frgsonmysox 09:51 PM 12-05-2011
For our home we have a shoe shelf. It was a cheap, plastic shelf that has five shelves on it, and it works great for shoes. Very compact so it fits into little tiny spaces.
Tags:christmas decorations, shoes - inside
Reply Up