Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Swine Flu/ H1N1
just_peachy 01:01 PM 12-31-2013
One of my kid's dad just let me know he tested positive this morning. I searched the forums here, and while I found some stuff on when a KID is sick, what should I do with the info that their dad is sick? The kid is unaffected, as of yet.

Should I tell the other parents? And should I keep the kid away? And for how long, since he isn't sick (yet.) And if I let him come, he's snotty all the time anyway, so will I have any indicator that he is getting it?

Ugh, I'm stressed. Lucky me, but this is the biggest issue I've ran into in my 3 years of daycare.
TwinKristi 01:08 PM 12-31-2013
Well if the child is asymptomatic he may or may not have it. If he does it's too late now to prevent exposure as he's there but the moment he shows symptoms he should be excluded until 24hrs of no fever or symptoms. I would also push hand washing and Purell often to keep the flu at bay and clean a little better where that DCB eats, etc. If he has a runny nose and can't wipe it himself I would send home until he's dried up. That's how so much gets spread among young kids. I had one DCB who was constantly sick and he always had his hands in his mouth or a runny nose so he's always spreading and contacting his environmental germs! Yuck!! Glad that's done! LOL
MarinaVanessa 01:48 PM 12-31-2013
If he doesn't show any symptoms then:
As long as you use the regular universal health precautions you should be fine. I would just keep an extra eye on DCB and check his temp about every 2 hours and immediately call home and have him picked up if he gets a fever.
Tags:h1n1, swine flu
Reply Up