Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Redoing All Enrollment Paperwork and Contracts HELP
daycare 02:43 PM 06-18-2014
So yesterday I found out that licensing basically won't allow me to just transfer my paperwork to my new location. It's like starting all over again, enrolling into a daycare for the first time. I have 18 kids. that is going to be a nightmare.

I get it that I can't get around the state paperwork, but what about my own. What kind of form could I use that or create that says all blank is being transferred to this new address or something like that.

I am up to my eyeballs in paperwork right now and I can't think of anything else I would hate to do more than MORE paperwork.

I know some of you have had to move, not sure if you have had to redo call contracts or how did you make a smooth transition?
Unregistered 02:50 PM 06-18-2014
I cant beleive the amount of paper work this this job either ...it can be over whelming for sure ...sigh
and I can not believe they will not let you transfer
dont they want our time spent with the kids or remember we pull some killer long days
but
why can you not just print out new contracts and new enrollment forms with your new address and just get parents to fill out new ones ?
is that even a possiblity ?
MarinaVanessa 02:54 PM 06-18-2014
I would just have the parents resign your state paperwork and possibly anything with your old address just to be safe but that depends on what state you're in.

For example in CA we are only required certain licensing forms and anything from contracts, handbooks, waivers etc. are all optional so for me I would be able to get away with not redoing these. I for one would want a new contract with my new address on it since my contract lists my current address.
daycare 02:55 PM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
I would just have the parents resign your state paperwork and possibly anything with your old address just to be safe but that depends on what state you're in.

For example in CA we are only required certain licensing forms and anything from contracts, handbooks, waivers etc. are all optional so for me I would be able to get away with not redoing these. I for one would want a new contract with my new address on it since my contract lists my current address.
MV it's me, I am not really in Mars......lol well the people here act like aliens, lol

I am in CA too
daycare 02:56 PM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by MV:

MV it's me, I am not really in Mars......lol well the people here act like aliens, lol

I am in CA too
earlystart 03:38 PM 06-18-2014
Not sure if you can just write up your own document, like an addendum to the contract saying "I agree to carry over my old contract with provider at old address/facility number, to the new location with provider at new address/facility number" or something like that and have the parents sign and date it and give them a copy. I just briefly googled "child care contract addendum" and it looks like you can do that to update any terms in the contract.

I'm in CA too, and as for the state forms that need to be signed, not sure if this would help you, but I put the forms from licensing into one pdf file, it has 5 pdf files rolled into one, and the parents can fill out the forms on their computer which makes it easier, and you can just email it to them and ask them to fill it out, print it out and return to you. I'm attaching the file to this post, hope it works.
Attached: CA Parent Notices.pdf (663.4 KB) 
sharlan 03:45 PM 06-18-2014
I wasn't required to update or have the parents resign anything when I moved.

I would just have the parents initial the state forms.
MarinaVanessa 03:46 PM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:

I am in CA too
Oh, ha ha ha. i didn't read your name .

I called my licensor recently (Stacie) and asked about moving. She said that moving is like starting all over except that you don't have to go to a new orientation or get re-fingerprinted/TB tested. Your files only have to show updated licensing paperwork. Everything else is between you and your client so you can choose not to update those or you can write up a quick agreement saying that all previously signed forms will transfer to your new address and have parents sign that, that should work.

Having fun setting up?
daycare 04:23 PM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
Oh, ha ha ha. i didn't read your name .

I called my licensor recently (Stacie) and asked about moving. She said that moving is like starting all over except that you don't have to go to a new orientation or get re-fingerprinted/TB tested. Your files only have to show updated licensing paperwork. Everything else is between you and your client so you can choose not to update those or you can write up a quick agreement saying that all previously signed forms will transfer to your new address and have parents sign that, that should work.

Having fun setting up?
my analyst is making me redo all licensing enrollment papers...UGH. She said it can not transfer.

Yes I am having fun setting up. its much more fun when you have money to do a new set up. All of my stuff needed updating. I had a huge DC Proivder network sale and then took that money and bought all new stuff. Well a few new things off of craigs list. so it will be new to us.
Unregistered 02:57 AM 06-19-2014
Offer the parents an incentive or prize to get the completed paperwork done and to you by a certain date. Let them know that the paperwork will have to be completed or the kids can not start care but that if the family gets the data to you by a certain date those familes will be entered into a drawing or something. Doesn't have to be a big prize..maybe a movie gift card or something. People tend to get things to you if they know they have a chance at winning something.
Blackcat31 06:17 AM 06-19-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Offer the parents an incentive or prize to get the completed paperwork done and to you by a certain date. Let them know that the paperwork will have to be completed or the kids can not start care but that if the family gets the data to you by a certain date those familes will be entered into a drawing or something. Doesn't have to be a big prize..maybe a movie gift card or something. People tend to get things to you if they know they have a chance at winning something.
I can see how this might work for some situations but NO WAY would I reward parents for doing something that is simply required.

Filling out new enrollment forms for parents shouldn't be that big of a deal. They update forms EVERYWHERE they go for their child(ren).

If daycare requires new enrollment forms so parents can continue to have services, then they simply need to fill out new forms. It isn't like they have to study for it or anything, the info is all info they should know by heart.

Rewarding parents for doing what they are expected to do is like rewarding kids for doing what they are expected to do.

I prefer expected behavior compliance or there is a consequence instead.

Fill out new forms by xx date or NO services.

My parents re-new their info yearly. EVERYTHING gets re-signed and re-dated.
SignMeUp 06:55 AM 06-19-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

My parents re-new their info yearly. EVERYTHING gets re-signed and re-dated.
Are you doing new forms annually, or re-signing the original ones? Just curious. I just started doing new forms every single year because so many have been updated lately.
Blackcat31 07:03 AM 06-19-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
Are you doing new forms annually, or re-signing the original ones? Just curious. I just started doing new forms every single year because so many have been updated lately.
Everyone gets a brand new enrollment packet in August...due back September 1. (or first open day of September)

ALL forms are redone in their entirety.

I couldn't keep up with all the changes so I just let the parents deal with it.

I e-mail all the forms to them and even make them print them off
SignMeUp 07:28 AM 06-19-2014
Everyone gets a brand new enrollment packet in August...due back September 1. (or first open day of September)

ALL forms are redone in their entirety.

I couldn't keep up with all the changes so I just let the parents deal with it.

I e-mail all the forms to them and even make them print them off
We are now required to fill in certain things before a parent sets their delicate fingers on them Like this: "The licensed child care provider completes items 1, 8, & 9 prior to the parent/guardian completing the rest of the form"
And then, if you look at item 8, you see this: "SPECIAL CONDITIONS (SPECIAL DIET, SPECIAL NEEDS, ALLERGIES)" which presumably I would not know
Gotta love it. Do you ever wish they would let us re-do the forms for them?
Blackcat31 07:32 AM 06-19-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
We are now required to fill in certain things before a parent sets their delicate fingers on them Like this: "The licensed child care provider completes items 1, 8, & 9 prior to the parent/guardian completing the rest of the form"
And then, if you look at item 8, you see this: "SPECIAL CONDITIONS (SPECIAL DIET, SPECIAL NEEDS, ALLERGIES)" which presumably I would not know
Gotta love it. Do you ever wish they would let us re-do the forms for them?
I am just grateful my licensor isn't that picky.

As long as the forms are completed, we've never been required to do them in a certain order.
SignMeUp 07:36 AM 06-19-2014
I am just grateful my licensor isn't that picky.

As long as the forms are completed, we've never been required to do them in a certain order.
For a long time, I heard that a bunch of providers got written up on the "another dentist may treat my child" box -- the parents didn't check it because they were enrolling an infant. They had no dentist. They had not even thought about having a dentist yet. Their children had no teeth
daycare 07:44 AM 06-19-2014
formal schooling makes us resign every single year, I guess I should not be too worked up about it.

I also don't reward........Get it here by this date or you can't come back. I guess I am more of a there's a consequence for your lack of actions type of person.

I am going to just post all of the forms on our website and require the parents to fill them out there.

I think that it will be the easiest way that we can all get it done without putting the cost on me of paper, ink and print time.

thanks for all of your input. I am going to create an online contract that allows them to input signature and print from the site if wanted. My husband uses this for him gym with new clients so I am going to try it out here.
Blackcat31 07:55 AM 06-19-2014
formal schooling makes us resign every single year, I guess I should not be too worked up about it.

I also don't reward........Get it here by this date or you can't come back. I guess I am more of a there's a consequence for your lack of actions type of person.

I am going to just post all of the forms on our website and require the parents to fill them out there.

I think that it will be the easiest way that we can all get it done without putting the cost on me of paper, ink and print time.

thanks for all of your input. I am going to create an online contract that allows them to input signature and print from the site if wanted. My husband uses this for him gym with new clients so I am going to try it out here.
I include a check list of required forms.

That way the parents KNOW they aren't missing any of them.
SignMeUp 07:56 AM 06-19-2014
I am going to create an online contract that allows them to input signature and print from the site if wanted. My husband uses this for him gym with new clients so I am going to try it out here.
Ah. Childcare enrollment is moving out of the dark ages Yay
Reply Up