Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Provisional License? Do I have one?
midaycare 03:44 PM 08-18-2014
Let me say first of all that I am getting highly annoyed with QRIS/STARS. I'm new - opened this year, but went through the process and got a 4 star. They told me what to do to turn it into a 5 star, so I did it.

Today someone contacted me and said, "Well... You shouldn't have had access to our system from being so new still, it was a fault in our system. Your rating will show as pending until your provisional status is over."

Okay ... Grrrr. But besides that, what is a provisional status? I wasn't aware I had one.
Childminder 05:31 PM 08-18-2014
Are you group? If so the first six months are provisional. I switched to group this year in April after years and lost my stars. I can resubmit after my provisional is up in October. I don't remember if Family has provisional it's been so long ago.
midaycare 07:35 PM 08-18-2014
I'm family but it's strange. I never had the state or anyone else tell me I was provisional for 6 months.
melilley 05:03 AM 08-19-2014
I think that once you get a star rating and then obtain a higher star, you have to wait for so long before they will put it in the system that you have a higher star. My consultant explained to me that you have your star rating for 2 years and then you can change it, but she said that I could submit for a higher star whenever I want. I was a little confused but didn't ask further because at the time, I wasn't sure if I even wanted a higher star. I would call and ask them to be sure.

Also, I opened last year and submitted for my star rating in the same year and they didn't say that I shouldn't have had access because I was new. That's strange that she would say that.
Reply Up