Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My First "Daycare Family Drama"
earlystart 05:14 PM 12-30-2014
Over the past year or two that I've been reading this forum I've read about many horror stories of nightmare parents and not paying and such. I thought to myself how incredibly lucky I must be to never have encountered that. Well, after 2 years I finally got my first "daycare drama"! Got a family who started having "medical" issues with Dad (I suspect mental health or substance abuse) and the little girl would just not show up sometimes, but they still paid so I didn't care. Then they forgot to pay, but paid a day or two late with the late fee (mom says sorry it's because of family drama so she just forgot). Well, this past weekend they didn't pay, and didn't respond to emails, and then their check from the previous week bounced. Haha. And she didn't show up this week. So over the weekend I started advertising for a new spot. And now I can join the club of everyone here who has gone through this before
Shell 05:44 PM 12-30-2014
Welcome to the club Just when I think I have seen/heard just about everything, something new pops up.
Blackcat31 06:52 PM 12-30-2014
Originally Posted by earlystart:
Over the past year or two that I've been reading this forum I've read about many horror stories of nightmare parents and not paying and such. I thought to myself how incredibly lucky I must be to never have encountered that. Well, after 2 years I finally got my first "daycare drama"! Got a family who started having "medical" issues with Dad (I suspect mental health or substance abuse) and the little girl would just not show up sometimes, but they still paid so I didn't care. Then they forgot to pay, but paid a day or two late with the late fee (mom says sorry it's because of family drama so she just forgot). Well, this past weekend they didn't pay, and didn't respond to emails, and then their check from the previous week bounced. Haha. And she didn't show up this week. So over the weekend I started advertising for a new spot. And now I can join the club of everyone here who has gone through this before

That sucks.
Makes you wiser
But it sucks.

I'm sorry
Reply Up