Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fibbers
crazydaycarelady 11:52 AM 04-15-2015
I have a 2 1/2 yo dcg. Her mom came in today and told me that dcg told her that she was getting off of her nap mat so I put the baby gate around her. It is actually a good idea but dcg has not been getting off of her nap mat nor have I ever surrounded a kid with the baby gate. I DO have a different kid who keeps getting off his nap mat and I told him that if he didn't stop he would go back to a baby bed (pack-n-play.)

I told dcm that I never did this and I think she believes me but I am sure she is wondering why dcg would come up with this (as am I.)
Unregistered 01:17 PM 04-15-2015
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I have a 2 1/2 yo dcg. Her mom came in today and told me that dcg told her that she was getting off of her nap mat so I put the baby gate around her. It is actually a good idea but dcg has not been getting off of her nap mat nor have I ever surrounded a kid with the baby gate. I DO have a different kid who keeps getting off his nap mat and I told him that if he didn't stop he would go back to a baby bed (pack-n-play.)

I told dcm that I never did this and I think she believes me but I am sure she is wondering why dcg would come up with this (as am I.)
Would address dcg in front of dcm
Thriftylady 01:47 PM 04-15-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Would address dcg in front of dcm
That is a good idea, maybe just ask dcg right out why she said that. I might ask her other things based on her answers.
Josiegirl 02:26 PM 04-15-2015
She's 2 1/2, that age says things like this. They're creative little munchkins. Parents really need to learn not to believe everything they hear, especially from a child that age.
MissAnn 08:06 PM 04-15-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
She's 2 1/2, that age says things like this. They're creative little munchkins. Parents really need to learn not to believe everything they hear, especially from a child that age.
Don't even get me going on this! I had a boy who said 2 kids did something to him. It was something pretty horrendous for 4 year olds. There was no way that happened. As a result the parents took him out. I called licensing and my DHS lady said she knew that didn't happen here. Kids lie. It's the scariest part of our job. When I hear a kid lie about me or anyone else.....I let the parents know.
AmyKidsCo 08:54 PM 04-15-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Yes, this.

When my mom was teaching she had a notepad that said something like "I won't believe everything your child says happened at home if you won't believe everything your child says happens at school..."
Reply Up