Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Do I Have to Send DCF 2015 Expense Info?
DaveA 10:42 AM 01-05-2016
Every year I give each family a paper telling their yearly childcare expenses. Not an official IRS type form: just a signed excel sheet with my contact info & EIN with dates, check #s, and amounts of all payments. This year I had a term that ended badly- up to and including a false DCFS report as a final "FU" on their way out. I really don't want to have any other contact with this family. I always give receipts with any payment- do I have to send them their form?

I'm really leery that any contact with them will cause me more headaches.

Thanks
Crystal 10:50 AM 01-05-2016
You only have to provide it if they provide you with IRS form W-10. If they do not provide you with it and ask for you to fill it out, then you're under no obligation to provide anything.
Blackcat31 11:14 AM 01-05-2016
Originally Posted by CoachingForQualityImprovement:
You only have to provide it if they provide you with IRS form W-10. If they do not provide you with it and ask for you to fill it out, then you're under no obligation to provide anything.

http://tomcopelandblog.com/the-truth...arent-receipts
DaveA 12:59 PM 01-05-2016
thanks
AmyKidsCo 01:01 PM 01-05-2016
That can be your final FU - make them ask for the info instead of providing it for them.
daycarediva 08:39 AM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
That can be your final FU - make them ask for the info instead of providing it for them.
I had a ticked off former client get my EIN from the previous years tax return, and then claim the maximum $ for child care reimbursement even though the kid was only here through January/early Feb of last year. She ended up getting audited. I had to mail the IRS my 'proof'. I always wonder if she got into trouble.

So yup, I would mail one. If nothing just to say you did so (and certified mail with a copy of what was sent, too). The IRS agent was very pleased when I gave him that info. She knowingly lied.
Reply Up