Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Have a Stupid Question
dolores 01:22 PM 05-12-2020
I've always had an employee however it might be just me for a while when I reopen because I will have only a few kids ages 2yo-4yo. What do you do with the kids when you need to use the potty and you're the only caregiver ?
sahm1225 01:47 PM 05-12-2020
I just try to go super fast! Or try to wait for nap.
If there are any that cannot be trusted for 30 seconds, I put them by the bathroom door and have them ‘read’ me abook of Sing with me
Cat Herder 02:20 PM 05-12-2020
My playroom is self-contained and the kids are behind a locked gate when I run to the restroom, laundry room or kitchen. Infants go into their own gated areas, toddlers and preschoolers have no access to them. If I have a shadow, they sit outside the door in my gated hallway. If someone can open gates I ziptie the lock. I may have toys dumped but nothing dangerous when I return.
Former Teacher 06:35 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
If there are any that cannot be trusted for 30 seconds, I put them by the bathroom door and have them ‘read’ me abook of Sing with me
THIS!

I am a nanny to twins (they are 8 now but I have had them since birth ) boys.

I remember once about 3 years ago we went to the library for story time. We were early so we waited outside. I started to get extremely nauseous. I thought I was going to get sick right there.

Inside they have a recycle bin FULL of books and magazines for free. Once we walked in I grabbed 2 magazines ( I didn't care what they were ) and made them come to the Ladies Room with me. They were use to it anyway because I don't care what anyone says, when it's THEIR turn to potty, they go in the Ladies Room with me

So I sat them in the corner with their magazines and they started reading like little humans

I did what I had to do and I walked out of stall (about 5 mins if not longer ) and they were in the same position

Good times!
littlefriends 06:38 AM 05-13-2020
Me too. I have a baby gate in the hall way so if I were to have a baby in care I would put it over the gate so no one could get to it. I also leave the door open so I can still hear. I pee like I'm in the Indy 500 and it's a race.
AmyKidsCo 01:37 PM 05-14-2020
Ditto this too. I've gotten really good at both holding it, and peeing quickly.
Meeko 09:51 AM 05-17-2020
Aah.....the power pee....remember it well.........
Jo123ABC 11:39 PM 05-17-2020
Most of my kiddos are just fine for the 2 minutes it takes to pee. It's no different then heading to the bathroom to take one of them potty. I have a 2 yo who can be really naughty if he knows I'm not looking so I usually have him sit in his booster at the table for the time I need if he's having a "feisty" day. If I have a baby or toddler I'm worried about leaving unattended for any amount of time, I put them in the playpen or their crib.
Unregistered 10:43 AM 05-25-2020
My state allows for us to go.
Tags:coronavirus - managing daycare, covid-19 - procedures, toilet issues
Reply Up