Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 1/2 year old bully.....RANT
marniewon 11:18 AM 03-24-2011
I have a 2.5yo dcb who just started a few months ago. When he first started, he was a huge bully - hitting, kicking, stepping on, etc my other 2.5yo dcb. Talked to mom, found out that he has a much older brother and that's how they play (wrestle, etc). Dcm said she'd talk to older sibling to not play like that with dcb. It got better for a few weeks, but now, today, it's back to dcb being a bully. Twice today he got time out for hurting (trying to hurt) other dcb. He kicked him and then took a bucket (small one that we use to hold toys....think easter basket size) and smucked him on the head with it!!

Even when he wasn't being a bully, he cannot play with other dck's. He and this other dcb cannot play at all together or it's a constant of taking toys, fighting over toys, they even step on and throw toys when they are together. Without any other children, this boy is fine. He doesn't do anything wrong! Why in the world does he feel the need to be so naughty just because another child is here??

He's a very smart kid, and can follow any directions (if he wants to) but instead is very naughty most of the time. He's been here long enough to know the way things are done, and know the rules, but he chooses to disobey them. It's a constant struggle with him.

Nap time he will not stay laying down in the pnp. He stands up, climbs out, etc. I've tried everything from a stern talking to taking away his toys after nap. I've even stood in the doorway until he went to sleep, but that doesn't work so well because the if the baby sees me, she won't sleep.

Today, neither he or sister will nap. He's being disruptive, talking, kicking the pnp/wall, kicking his feet at the mesh sides, hard. Keeps trying to climb out., etc.

If I wasn't going to be done with dc soon I would term today - that's how much this child is misbehaving.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant. I feel better now . LOL
Reply Up