Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Snot Fee!
mickey2 06:18 AM 04-08-2011
I swear I am gonna start charging one! Every time I wipe a nose it is going to be 25 cents per kleenex!

My dcks have been here since 7 this morning and already I have wiped at least 20 times in total amongst 3 of the 7 here so that's already $5 for today and we still have 5 hours to go!

Why is it some kids just have this stuff constantly running out of their noses? It is so frustrating to go around every 2 minutes with the box of kleenex doing the wipe-a-nose run! GRRRR!
dEHmom 06:54 AM 04-08-2011
yep I am thinking about telling parents to supply kleenex for the group.
dEHmom 07:08 AM 04-08-2011
it double submitted so I am writing something else now....lada dadi dadada.........

I don't normal keep kleenex but this year I have already gone through like 5 boxes or more! so many noses needed blowing.
Blackcat31 07:10 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
yep I am thinking about telling parents to supply kleenex for the group.
I buy tissues for use here everyday, but the minute a kid starts getting a cold or I find that they have to have their nose wiped more than 3 times in one day I require the parent to bring a box of Kleenex each Monday until the child's runny nose is gone. Sometimes I end up with alot and other times I am so grateful for the extras. I don't allow generic tissues either. ONLY Kleenex anti-viral or Puffs with Vicks.
dEHmom 07:15 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I don't allow generic tissues either. ONLY Kleenex anti-viral or Puffs with Vicks.
why only those 2? are they great kleenex? I never tried them, I'm a cheapskate. I like to keep kleenex within reach, but some of the little ones just waste it all. OR they wipe/blow nose and shove it back in the box. So I buy the cheap stuff unless good stuff is cheaper (sales)
MsMe 07:19 AM 04-08-2011
it is also murder on my hands.....having to wash after ever nose wipe. sometimes over ten times in an hour! My hands were cracked and bleeding!!! So thanksful I found the soat w/lotion in it at B&BW this winter. Saved my hands!!!!!
MsMe 07:20 AM 04-08-2011
why only those 2? are they great kleenex? I never tried them, I'm a cheapskate. I like to keep kleenex within reach, but some of the little ones just waste it all. OR they wipe/blow nose and shove it back in the box. So I buy the cheap stuff unless good stuff is cheaper (sales)
yes they are amazing... we use them here too!
Blackcat31 07:24 AM 04-08-2011
Because they really are great and the ones with Vicks just make me feel better about the ick factor involved with snot because I love the smell of Vicks! LOL!!

When I buy the cheap stuff it is like wiping their nose with sandpaper and plus they are so thin. It is like using the cheap butt-wipes...the name brand ones are waaaay better quality. When dealing with snot or poo, I prefer something thick and absorbant....
dEHmom 07:24 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by LLD:
yes they are amazing... we use them here too!
i'm such a bargain shopper! lol. I will pull out my calculator if I have to and work out the price per sheet of toilet paper if I have to! lol. hubs uses half a roll because he's scared his finger will tear through the paper!!!!!

I will have to try these kleenex recommendations.

I actually resorted to Vaseline (petroleum jelly) to keep on top of the skin this year. my hands have been ridiculously dry too. creams and lotions weren't doing much, and I tried all of them.
dEHmom 07:26 AM 04-08-2011
It is like using the cheap butt-wipes...the name brand ones are waaaay better quality. When dealing with snot or poo, I prefer something thick and absorbant....

Oh I SOOOO DISAGREE WITH YOU! I hate the name brand wipes, I find I need 5 wipes to do a 1 wipe job.

I love the parents choice wipes (purple box). Those are my favorite ones, they work the best.
MsMe 07:30 AM 04-08-2011
i don't know for sure hat the brand is but one of teh name brand babywipes are so thin and slimy...I hate them. I prefer Parents Choice or if the parents don't mine buying namebrand Huggies pop-ups!!
Blackcat31 07:35 AM 04-08-2011
Oh I SOOOO DISAGREE WITH YOU! I hate the name brand wipes, I find I need 5 wipes to do a 1 wipe job.

I love the parents choice wipes (purple box). Those are my favorite ones, they work the best.
Yes, the parent's choice ones are good...I meant the cheapo ones that are so thin they look like sheer curtains...completely see-through.

I should have said thick or thin wipes because not all name brand ones are crappy.....

If I need more than one (sometimes 2) wipes, more than three squares of T.P (for normal usage) or more than one tissue then I don't want that kind to use. Whatever brand or kind it is; it must not require more than the above usage amounts...unless extreme circumstances apply... LOL!!

There, does that make more sense?!? LOL!!!
dEHmom 07:44 AM 04-08-2011
Whatever brand or kind it is; it must not require more than the above usage amounts...unless extreme circumstances apply... LOL!!

There, does that make more sense?!? LOL!!!
hahahahahahhahaa
SilverSabre25 07:54 AM 04-08-2011
OR they wipe/blow nose and shove it back in the box. So I buy the cheap stuff unless good stuff is cheaper (sales)
I thought mine were the only ones that did that!!! I'm so glad to learn that they're not...makes them seem more normal, lol.

Not that it's not disgusting, mind you...
Blackcat31 07:58 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I thought mine were the only ones that did that!!! I'm so glad to learn that they're not...makes them seem more normal, lol.

Not that it's not disgusting, mind you...
OMG! I have little girls who wipe their privates WHILE the toilet paper is still attached and then they just leave it that way!!!!

....and I have kids too who use the tissues and put them back in the box so I guess it is common behavior but I can't guarantee it is normal. LOL!
dEHmom 08:01 AM 04-08-2011
OMG! I have little girls who wipe their privates WHILE the toilet paper is still attached and then they just leave it that way!!!!

....and I have kids too who use the tissues and put them back in the box so I guess it is common behavior but I can't guarantee it is normal. LOL!
i think they are choosing the reduce and reuse option, in the environmentally friendly aspect?
PitterPatter 08:48 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by Children First:
I swear I am gonna start charging one! Every time I wipe a nose it is going to be 25 cents per kleenex!

My dcks have been here since 7 this morning and already I have wiped at least 20 times in total amongst 3 of the 7 here so that's already $5 for today and we still have 5 hours to go!

Why is it some kids just have this stuff constantly running out of their noses? It is so frustrating to go around every 2 minutes with the box of kleenex doing the wipe-a-nose run! GRRRR!
Oh I hate that!! And don't forget all the extra soap and water u use to wash ur hands after each wipe. Oh and the lotion to treat the dry hands from being dried out due to all the washing. (my hands were sore from being so dry) Maybe we should raise it to .50c a wipe.
Michelle 09:00 AM 04-08-2011
you guys are delirious cuz it's Friday

mickey2 09:16 AM 04-08-2011
I told my hubby if I ever have another opening I am going to ask 2 more questions at my interview. Is this kid constantly snotty and do they cry all the time? Immediate termination if you lie!!

The buying kleenex does not bother me its just the snot!!! My couch and chairs are once again covered and we just cleaned them!
mickey2 09:19 AM 04-08-2011
How do you get a tissue to dance?

Put a little boogie in it!!!
squareone 03:19 PM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by Children First:
How do you get a tissue to dance?

Put a little boogie in it!!!
This made me laugh out loud! Too cute.
mickey2 03:28 PM 04-08-2011
I have a LOT of dancing kleenex! My whole house is just a shaking! Lots of boogies going on here!
Tags:fees, snot
Reply Up