Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Poop
bigdaycare12 10:38 AM 01-30-2012
what should i do with the poopy underwear daycares give me
familyschoolcare 11:24 AM 01-30-2012
What would you do with poopy underwear on a Saturday?
REWALKER04 11:36 AM 01-30-2012
wash them or throw them away? What do you do with poopy underwear if your child has an accident at home?
Ariana 11:46 AM 01-30-2012
Get rid of any solid poop in the toilet and scrape any thick poop off with tissue or a wipe. Then wash the underwear seperately in hot hot water with a strong detergent or a mild detergent used for cloth diapers.
e.j. 05:16 PM 01-30-2012
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Get rid of any solid poop in the toilet and scrape any thick poop off with tissue or a wipe. Then wash the underwear seperately in hot hot water with a strong detergent or a mild detergent used for cloth diapers.
This is what I used to do when I would get my child's poopy underwear from his day care provider - only I used bleach in the wash as well. Now that the shoe is on the other foot and I'm a dc provider, many of my dc parents just throw out the underwear I send home. Some have also opted to give me the okay to toss them myself.

I do understand how disgusting it is to get a bag with dirty underwear in it, especially one that has been sitting all day. In the state of MA, poopy underwear is considered a bio hazard and the health and sanitation training videos I've seen all state that soiled underwear should be double bagged and given to the parents to take home at the end of the day.
Unregistered 05:19 PM 01-30-2012
I am register but it won't let me sign in.

I would send poop underwear in the bag to the parents but I decided that I would throw it away because I wouldn't throw into my wash machine. I am sure the parents don't want to wash their nasty underwear in their machine. It is so gross but my parents are perfect fine with it.
Michael 05:28 PM 01-30-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am register but it won't let me sign in.

I would send poop underwear in the bag to the parents but I decided that I would throw it away because I wouldn't throw into my wash machine. I am sure the parents don't want to wash their nasty underwear in their machine. It is so gross but my parents are perfect fine with it.
What is your username?
Unregistered 05:42 PM 01-30-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
What is your username?
My username is Safechner
Countrygal 05:35 AM 01-31-2012
I always used cloth diapers with my children and gs. Before washing it separately, I rinsed it in the toilet and let it soak in hot soapy water for a half day or so. Then I'd dump that water down the toilet and wash the diapers in the washing machine as stated above. I also would use a little something to sanitize them - white vinegar works as well!
itlw8 12:17 PM 01-31-2012
Actually all underware that has been worn carries germs especially ecoli , even if you did not poop in it. All underware should be washed with HOT water and use bleach to kill the germs. The person doing the laundry should wash hands after handleing the dirty laundry.

Even if there is no stain All underware carries the germs until it is washed Even adult underware.

Meg
youretooloud 08:25 AM 02-01-2012
I would probably throw all poopy undies away. They don't cost enough for me to deal with poop.
wdmmom 11:02 AM 02-01-2012
If a child has an accident here, I toss the clothes in a Walmart sack and it gets sent home. I don't rinse, scrape, wash, etc.

As a parent I wouldn't want the expense of having to buy underwear all the time yet I could completely understand you not wanting to touch my child's poop.
Tags:poop
Reply Up