Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infant Area + Diaper Changing Station: How Does Yours Look?
momneedscoffee 09:00 AM 01-04-2016
I need examples of how to set up an area for infants only (I have a 10 m.o and a 3 m.o.).

I also have 3 kids in diapers so I also would like examples of how your diaper changing area is set up. I let the other 2 mom's leave large diaper supplies here, plus my own supply. So it's a ton of diapers and 3 boxes of wipes! I don't mind this, I really do have plenty of storage space. I'm just trying to think of a more efficient way than thieving it all in the closet. Also need to keep it out of the littles rea ch or they will end up everywhere! (But I'm sure you all know that )
finsup 09:15 AM 01-04-2016
Mine is a regular open shelf changing table. The shevles are perfect kid level so I use those for toys. Above the table I have a large shelf (like 4-4.5 feet long/high) that has 4 cubbies on the bottom, an open shelf above it and then room on the top for additional storage. Each child's diapers go in one of the cubbies. Above the cubby, on the open shelf, I have a basket for each ones diapering/misc supplies. I use it for storing a bunch of other things too since I only have two in diapers right now. It works great though. Love having it on the wall and out of the kids reach.
Unregistered 02:34 PM 01-04-2016
I keep mine on a lower shelf in my cupboard thts in the hallway. I change right there and have access to a sink and trash can.
Leigh 05:31 PM 01-04-2016
I change on the floor-I can't stand to use a changing table. I use disposable "changing pads" (they're BIG waxed paper sheets that I buy at CostCo) and change on a linoleum floor. I get too grossed out by reusable changing pads, and am more comfortable sitting on the floor.
Controlled Chaos 08:04 PM 01-04-2016
My dh made the bath tub in the daycare bathroom into a changing table. Someone on here gave me the idea - I love it. I can sit on the edge of it while changing them and older toddlers can climb on it themselves.

I have diapers stored in a shoe storage thing that hangs on the door. Each child has a row that stores their diapers. I also have enough room from a row of medicine, sunblock, diaper cream, gloves, plastic bags etc. I really like it It doesn't take up much space.
Patches 04:35 PM 01-05-2016
20150716_154852.jpg

1452040356023.jpg
Attached:
AmyKidsCo 04:52 PM 01-07-2016
I don't have a separate infant area, except the pack n plays and swings are gated off.

My changing area is in the playroom.
Attached: reggio-emilia-environment-03b.jpg (49.5 KB) 
Tags:changing area, diaper changing station
Reply Up