Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lice Nits, No Lice???
My4SunshineGirlsNY 03:11 AM 02-10-2011
Ugg, I thought this nightmare was over! In the beginning of Jan. I found lice in my 2 daycare girls hair..they finally got rid of it and luckily all my 4 girls didn't get it.

Well, last night I decided to look at my 7 year old daughter's hair after her bath because she was itching in a certain spot and I found lice nits!! I have that electronic Robi comb that I KNOW works like a charm after using in my daycare girls hair, it killed the teeniest tinyest ones.

Well I ran it through my daughter's hair at least 7 times and it found nothing live. Is that even possible to have nits and no live lice? I know it takes the live one to lay the eggs, but is it possible a live one went out of her hair?
ammama 05:24 AM 02-10-2011
I just had to de-louse my daughters hair, and those little suckers are fast. Maybe it moved to a section you had already done, got around the comb somehow. I would continue checking for new nits, wash her bedding and hats - they can survive for 48 hours away from a person's head.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 07:17 AM 02-10-2011
The live ones I found in my daycare girls hair was not fast, she was infested bad and the ones I seen were just hanging out for all of us to see.

I have heard they are fast...I keep running the comb through her hair hoping to find one because if there's nits, I was certain there must be a live one somewhere....I have found a few nits very close to her scalp so to me those must be new ones, but I have also found many not as close, like an inch or more away from the scalp...just seems to me that if she has so many (I have picked out well over 20 eggs and still going) nits that I would catch at least one live one. I'll keep looking!
Crystal 05:36 AM 02-11-2011
If there are nits, there has to be a live louse. She needs treatment, not just the comb, especially if you are finding that many nits.
Tags:lice, nits
Reply Up