Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hired Santa, Don't Kill Me For All The Questions...lol
daycare 11:51 AM 04-10-2011
i hired a santa last year for our christams party, I know that I can write it off, but where do I enter it in MMK? Also, the santa was $450.00. I am worried that it will raise a flag for how expensive it was....?? What do you think?
momatheart 12:55 PM 04-10-2011
That must have been some Santa. Did he bring gifts and reindeer and Mrs. Clause and an elf with that high fee? WOW. OK sorry I don't have an answer for your question.
daycare 01:23 PM 04-10-2011
lol..... i live in Ca where nothing is cheap... he did bring helpers and they did preform a song and dance for them it was so funny.... I supplied the presents, but they did get a pic with santa included in the price. He was at my house for almost 2 hours...

Orginally, I had a guy that was going to do it for $150.00 for an hour and he flaked on me two nights before the xmas party. I had to resort to hiring a comapny at the last min and therefore had to pay out the you know what....lol

Let me tell you this much, I will not hire this company again... lol

My husband said it would have been worth it if the helpers were hot..lmao the dads were not happy.........go figure men are so thoughtless some times......lol
cheerfuldom 04:25 PM 04-10-2011
sounds like quite the experience! I'm no help with your original question though.
Abigail 05:40 PM 04-10-2011
Would it be an activity expense?
daycare 06:17 PM 04-10-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Would it be an activity expense?
hmmm good idea, let me look there...
oh and trust me, i was not happy to have to pay that much money, but there was NO way in the wrold that i was not going to have a santa come to our xmas party as all of the DC kids were soooo excited about him coming that i would have destroyed them if i didnt pay one to come....

I just had to pay it....lol
DCMom 03:29 AM 04-11-2011
I put my yearly Santa under Activity Expense. I pay $100/hour for mine; I've had the same guy for 5-6 years now and the kids really look forward to it each year.

If you have receipt and can prove the expense under audit, then claim it and don't worry
momofsix 03:51 AM 04-11-2011
I guess I'm in the wrong business, I think I'll quit daycare and hire myself out as Santa, the Easter Bunny...
daycare 08:20 AM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
I guess I'm in the wrong business, I think I'll quit daycare and hire myself out as Santa, the Easter Bunny...
lol seriously.... I was so shocked when the guy that I hired told me that fcr 1.5 hours it was gonna cost me $450.00. I dont think my doctor made that much money per hour....lol
DCMom 08:24 AM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
No kiddin' lol. The guy I hire has the white hair, real beard, built like 'a bowl full of jelly' ~ the whole nine yards. My dck's really think he IS Santa, lol. But if you have the attributes, you might as well capitalize on it, right? He only makes that kinda money for about 6 weeks, so I hope he is keeping his day job!
daycare 09:03 AM 04-11-2011
lol I hear ya,.... that's why the first santa flaked on me after having him scheduled for almost 3 months before the party. The first santa had to work his real job and was not going to be able to make it to our party. He told me this two days before the party. I was so mad and I even cried becuase I did not think that we would find another santa on such short notice....

I said some not so nice things to that santa...lol
Tags:christmas party, deduction - party, mmk, party, santa not, write offs
Reply Up