Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Article - Presidential Debate Summary
Michael 12:08 PM 10-25-2012
I've put together a article summerizing our polling during the debates. Thanks to everyone that voted. Remember this article relates the Daycare.com forum and not a national concensus.

https://www.daycare.com/news/2012-election/
youretooloud 12:12 PM 10-25-2012
Nicely done!
melissa ann 05:31 PM 10-25-2012
Very good article.
Kaddidle Care 07:47 PM 10-25-2012
Thank you for making "Social Studies" interesting.
Unregistered 06:38 AM 10-26-2012
Interesting article. However, unless only the exact same people voted in each poll, it isn't necessarily true that the debates made the difference. I think.
MarinaVanessa 08:20 AM 10-26-2012
I thought the article interesting and I love that you even did it at all Michael. Whether or not the same people voted I still think it's interesting. It's such a shame that both popular candidates are going for things that I feel feel very strongly against.
Michael 01:50 PM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I thought the article interesting and I love that you even did it at all Michael. Whether or not the same people voted I still think it's interesting. It's such a shame that both popular candidates are going for things that I feel feel very strongly against.
Thanks.
jen 07:46 AM 10-29-2012
Michael,

It is a very nice article. There are some issues with validity and reliablity however; most notable the variations of voting among the sample. In the first poll, 77 members voted, then 48, then 74 and then 48. I did not include the undecided.

Does you poll show that members changed their vote based on the debate or did some members lose in interest and fail to vote in subsequent polls? The question being, did your study measure what is set out to measure?

Also, while there is some corralation to the debates and voting on the forum, there aren't enough controls in your study for it to be reliable.

It might interesting to do a poll that asked members who watched the debates, if their vote changed based on the candidates performance.
Michael 03:48 PM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by jen:
Michael,

It is a very nice article. There are some issues with validity and reliablity however; most notable the variations of voting among the sample. In the first poll, 77 members voted, then 48, then 74 and then 48. I did not include the undecided.

Does you poll show that members changed their vote based on the debate or did some members lose in interest and fail to vote in subsequent polls? The question being, did your study measure what is set out to measure?

Also, while there is some corralation to the debates and voting on the forum, there aren't enough controls in your study for it to be reliable.

It might interesting to do a poll that asked members who watched the debates, if their vote changed based on the candidates performance.
I viewed our polling more as a focus group. The poll was as reliable as our members wanted to make it. I like the fact that only members could vote and only once per poll. I think the voting with comment was a great way to see what were on our member’s minds. I found it interesting that most of the conversation on issues and the candidates had ended after the first debate. It appears even in a world of 24/7 information, people still need to see the candidates together in a "somewhat" real and unscripted environment.
As for a new poll? you are more then welcome to start one!
Tags:article, debate, president
Reply Up