Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default DCG Is Working My Nerves

She is 16 months old and very, very babyish. She is currently in her pack n play for nap time and she is pitching a holy fit and about to wake up my 13 month old because she is tossing herself around the pnp making all sorts of noise, and I know why she's doing it too...she wants a bottle. First of all, I'm no saint my 13 month old loves his bottle too and he is still transitioning to the sippy cup (he'll take it, but he makes a real mess with it!), this little lady won't even touch her sippy, she whips it at you, the window, the tv, anything she thinks she can hit with it...and she WILL NOT sleep without a bottle.

I finally cracked down on BOTH of them this week, my son isn't thrilled but he's dealing with it with minimal meltdowns, but princess is losing her mind! At home mom lets her walk around 24/7 with a bottle! I just need to find the strength and patience to make it through nap time, then she can have a sippy with afternoon snack...hopefully she won't kill me with it! lol
Old 01-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

hold to it you my have a couple bad days but it will get better if you don't cave. But it is Wednesday and if mom and dad do not do it you will have to start over again Monday so if you can have 5 days in a row that would be best. She will realize the difference between your house and home. I have one that will be 2 in march and another that is 21/2 and they both have bottles at home for bed but do fine for me.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Good Luck! I had one obsessed with milk who would scream the minute mom came because she wanted her bottle (which she immediately got once she got in the car). My son was younger and she would even snatch his bottles. She ended up being a biter and after 6 months of biting non stop she bit someone (whom we had never met) while we were at the park and I got rid of her. Still on the bottle 2 yrs 3 months and still bites but not at MY house anymore!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Daycare Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillybean83 View Post
She is 16 months old and very, very babyish. She is currently in her pack n play for nap time and she is pitching a holy fit and about to wake up my 13 month old because she is tossing herself around the pnp making all sorts of noise, and I know why she's doing it too...she wants a bottle. First of all, I'm no saint my 13 month old loves his bottle too and he is still transitioning to the sippy cup (he'll take it, but he makes a real mess with it!), this little lady won't even touch her sippy, she whips it at you, the window, the tv, anything she thinks she can hit with it...and she WILL NOT sleep without a bottle.

I finally cracked down on BOTH of them this week, my son isn't thrilled but he's dealing with it with minimal meltdowns, but princess is losing her mind! At home mom lets her walk around 24/7 with a bottle! I just need to find the strength and patience to make it through nap time, then she can have a sippy with afternoon snack...hopefully she won't kill me with it! lol
I am also going through this but the child is 2...UUUGGGHH I told the parents last month no more bottle, shes too old. So we went cold turkey, she does not drink here at all...The DCM & DCD do not seemed worried at all that she is here for 10 hours and does not drink.. So I told them I am so concerned about this. They didnt care...
Long story short, they are still giving her the bottle at home. So all of my work was for nothing and I was pulling my hair out..
If mom and dad wont work with you, then you just might have to give in and no beat yourself up about it....

Tags
2 year old, overwhelmed, terrible 2's