Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Any Suggestions For A Slide For 2 Year Olds?

To be used primarily inside. Climber slide maybe?? The kids are two and older. Some of the slides I have looked at look to small.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Check out "Little Tikes Childcare Solutions".
Old 01-27-2011, 10:34 AM

I like the little tykes cubes. A few kids can be on it and under it at the same time.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:46 AM

This!!!

My ILs gave us one for DD's first bday and even as a very tall 3 yo she gets a kick out of it. They love to play under it as well as on top, and even though the slide is short, it gets a LOT of use every single day. Well worth the money, IMO.

If we had more inside space for it, I might go with something like this

Less space, this one
Old 01-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

We have the 1st and 3rd that SilverSabre listed. Both are big hits. I like the other one, too. I have a great slide from IKEA that I just got in September. I searched for it to post the link, but I can't get the IKEA site to load properly right now. It's light wood with a red slide and ladders on both sides. The kids LOVE it!!
Old 01-27-2011, 12:05 PM

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...ed=0CFkQ9QEwBQ

I have this one that I use inside, and I love it! And, of course, so do the kids
Old 01-27-2011, 12:06 PM

I have a step 2 climber, playhouse and slide all in one!
Old 01-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Child Care Provider

The first link by SilverSabre and the one by Amanda are the same slides. My sister got that for her kids from Walmart for $50 on clearance in August and she has a one and two year old. It was their birthday gift. It's very wobbly, so I'm not a fan. It does the job though, but not much standing room because her two year old kept pushing her one year old the get moving and it made me nervous, lol. I really want to have the classic (discontinued) climber that is a cube. If I ever find one that is decent on CL or somewhere I'm buying it!
Old 01-27-2011, 12:28 PM

I'm saving my change to get this slide.

http://www.swiss-miss.com/2009/08/ikea-kids-slide.html
Old 01-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have two, this one is inside during the summer, just so they have something physical to do on the days when its raining or at times when we can't go out for whatever reason.

http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1499

Then I have this one that is inside except for summer. It has been such a lifesaver for the 364 days of winter here!

http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1704

Last edited by Michael; 01-27-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianne View Post
I'm saving my change to get this slide.

http://www.swiss-miss.com/2009/08/ikea-kids-slide.html
Yes, yes! This is the one that I have and couldn't find the picture for it. I love it and so do the kids. It's very sturdy, not too big, but very fun. Everyone from my 16 month old dck-my 4 yr. old dcks love it and all play on it. I also love that it's wood. I have 2 plastic little tykes slides outside, which I also love, but I get tired of having so much plastic.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default slide from Ikea

wow that slide is pretty awesome but for 149.00, this slide better watch the kids as well.

Thanks for the recommendations. I am trying to find a decent used slide that was kept inside for a reasonable price. I will be looking on CL
Old 01-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Missani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missani View Post
Yes, yes! This is the one that I have and couldn't find the picture for it. I love it and so do the kids. It's very sturdy, not too big, but very fun. Everyone from my 16 month old dck-my 4 yr. old dcks love it and all play on it. I also love that it's wood. I have 2 plastic little tykes slides outside, which I also love, but I get tired of having so much plastic.
Your daycare room looks awesome! saw your website! I love the little tikes Kitchen I want it. Pretty expensive saw it a toys r us over the weekend. I have the step 2 kitchen.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryhill View Post
Your daycare room looks awesome! saw your website! I love the little tikes Kitchen I want it. Pretty expensive saw it a toys r us over the weekend. I have the step 2 kitchen.
Thank you! I love the little tikes kitchen. I have had it for a few years, and I bought it for my son. He wanted a kitchen, and at the time, it was about the only one that wasn't pink and purple. We looked forever for one! When we found it, we were willing to spend the extra just to be able to get him one (I didn't do dc at the time or I probably wouldn't have cared so much about the color.) Now there are all kinds of non-pink kitchens...go figure! I do have to say, though, that it was significantly cheaper when we bought it a few years ago...it's gone up in price a lot!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Licensed Provider

Default little tikes school bus

I bought the little tikes school bus, it is sooo cute my daughter and her friend loves to play with it, they are three and four. They pretend theyre driving to the mall to go shopping lol and go down the slide and play with the wheels as well...

Tags
2 year old, slides