Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>New To Forum, But Not Daycare
Cradle2crayons 01:19 PM 04-15-2013
Hi everyone!! I lurked in the forum for a while, reading and learning and finally joined the other day!! I run an unlicensed daycare in Mississippi that accommodates all age groups and schedules. I live out in a very rural setting and I've been an RN since 1997. When we adopted our son as a newborn we agreed I needed to be home. But eventually, play dates turned into parents begging me to watch their kids, and Whalah here I am. I've kept kids off and on for many many years though, and as a nurse, the kids were always my favorite because I really feel I impacted their life. I have a 19 year old step son, a 15 year old step son, a 12 year old step son, a 10 year old daughter, and an almost 5 year old son. Only the two younger kids live here though.

As far as my day care kids go: I have a 15 mon old baby with chd, torticollis, scoliosis, and a Mickey j tube. She says a few words, can't crawl or walk, but is just an absolute JOY to work with. Her mom is pregnant with another and I'm excited about a newborn. I have another 15 month old dkg who is here three days a week. Her parents are fabulous as well. Then I have a sibling group boy 2 and girl 3. They are here m-f. And last but not least a 3 year old girl who lives right down thread from us.

I have a preschool curriculum and centers and we do lots of outside time. The kids all have weekly assignments like kitchen helper, outside helper, animal helper etc and they love their jobs. In general, my parents are good and in all my years, I've never yet had to term a family.

I have 10 families currently on my waiting list, I have a website, and I participate in the msu NHI program and am about to start this CDA program. I have no intentions on being licensed although a lot of my rules and regulations are based on theirs. I like my privacy. My husband works offshore and so he is gone much of the time. We do field trips when weather permits with parental permission and at my house, there is a form for EVERYTHING. I have a pretty lenient illness policy, because with the pollen count half a million trillion right now, snot is no surprise. As a general rule, I give OTC and prescription meds and yep, there are forms for that too.. I do automated check in and out, and my parents have a private you tube channel and facebook group.

That's about all I can think of right now. I love this forum and it has lots of great resources and ideas. I just thought I'd do an "official" check in
Michael 03:09 PM 04-15-2013
Welcome to the forum. As a nember, now you can join our social groups.
Cradle2crayons 01:46 PM 04-20-2013
Originally Posted by Michael:
Welcome to the forum. As a nember, now you can join our social groups.
Social groups???
Blackcat31 08:00 AM 04-21-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Social groups???
Social groups can be found in the drop down menu when you click on the "Community" tab at the top of the page on the blue bar.

Some are open to all and some are private and require an invite or request to join.

HTH
Cradle2crayons 06:15 PM 04-22-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Social groups can be found in the drop down menu when you click on the "Community" tab at the top of the page on the blue bar.

Some are open to all and some are private and require an invite or request to join.

HTH
(Forehead slap) of course lol I never looked under there lol
Tags:forum question, social group
Reply Up