Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:50 AM

Two 2 ,5 yr old DCB's standing by the window.....watching a bunny outside...

DCB#1 says "Look! The Easter bunny!" and points

DCB #2 says "That not the Easter bunny, that's the pizza bunny!"

?? ??

Um, okay... Friday is usually pizza day here but I didn't know we had a Pizza Bunny! Yay! I'll take the pizza bunny over the Easter Bunny any day!
Old 05-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Daycare.com Member

It was dcb's first day back after being sent home with a stomach bug that involved some explosive diapers.
Dcm: Yea! I see you haven't had to change clothes today.
Me: Well, no I haven't.
Dcm:
Me: Ohhhh, you probably talking to the baby.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:31 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

DCG3: "Whatcha making Mrs. Cat Herder?"

Me: "Turkey Spaghetti."

DCG3: "(Dramatic gasp) For us??? " Covers mouth with both hands as if surprised.

Me: "Yes, of course..."

DCG3: "Well, arent you a sweetie!!! We looooove turkey 'sgetti. (Twirls with arms in air) Yay! Yay!"

Me: "I am so glad to hear that, Thank you. It will be ready very soon."

DCG3: "Mrs. Cat Herder, what's for lunch though?"

Old 05-17-2018, 06:38 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default What a Hoot!

My two year old already know's that if I tell her know she turns to her grandma and gets what she wants
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (10.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-24-2018, 10:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

Not making me laugh but putting a smile on my face. My toddler is in the crib, laid down an hour ago, should by all rights be exhausted but is humming Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
Later this afternoon should prove interesting.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:15 AM
Daycare.com Member

I had a 2.5 yo drop-in tell me that at his regular daycare, they all walk around "butt naked" all the time. Even the daycare owner

I know his regular daycare. She howled with laughter when I told her this
Old 05-29-2018, 01:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

simply the smile on my sons face as he sits in the bucket meant to hold the Duplos, instead of actually playing with the blocks. sigh.. why do i buy toys. He's in an imaginary boat thats apparently much more fun and i just sit here and smile. He's so happy.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:35 AM
Daycare.com Member

We bought a Whirlpool washing machine when the ancient machine that came with the house died shortly after we moved in. The dryer sort of worked for a few more years, then finally died, and we bought a Samsung dryer. Both were Consumer Reports recommended at the lower end of the price range, so we don't care that they don't match. Or at least, I didn't care. The daycare kids are examining the new dryer while both machines are in operation, and a three-year-old just pointed out that they are currently spinning in opposite directions. I'm not sure I can handle that. I may need to cover the windows with little curtains or something. Portholes? What do you call those viewscreens?
Old 06-01-2018, 08:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Also this from a couple of years ago:
Kid got the message but missed the nuance when told to call 911 if she was in trouble.
https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ency/81311846/
Old 06-06-2018, 03:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Had a chuckle the other day when the twins were talking about having lobsters for dinner at home. I asked if dad had to cook them and if they tasted good. I figured dcd cooked them but they weren't too keen on eating them. Come to find out, dcd told me it was probably because he made the mistake of letting them crawl around on the floor first.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Daycare.com Member

The kids where playing dcb 4, dcb 6, and my boy 5.
Start saying you "you can't screw me" "no I screw you". Me look over about to say something when one of them shouts out "well I'm going to drill then" they where playing with legos and talking about pretending to build with tools.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have a cousin sending their son part time this summer. He is the oldest of my group, my Littles just idolize him, and his name is Thomas.

DCB-2.5 has delayed speech, and can not say Thomas. It took me 2 days to realize that DCB-2.5 didn't want to play "Choo choos" all day, but was instead trying to get Thomas's attention.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

I have an almost 3 year old dcb who has responded to my requests today with a polite, "Yes, dear." Lol

He's gonna make a great husband one day.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:36 AM

DCM brought a new can of parents choice "sensitivity" formula as requested. I just got it out of the cubby to open it and noticed a huge letter F written in sharpie on the front of the can. Kids name starts with the letter G.

Then I got it.

DCD had not meant for this can to come here. He thought DCM would see it and get a laugh at home.

Now, we all have.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

The last few weeks the children have wanted Pete the Cat stories over and over again. They all join in when Pete sings "I love my white shoes" and reply to, "Did Pete cry?" with "Goodness no!"

While playing with water outside yesterday, one little boy got his shoes wet. This sweet little guy most likely has FASD, and in the past has freaked out about his shoes getting wet. But yesterday he was walking around the playground singing, "I wuv my wet shoes, I wuv my wet shoes." It was priceless.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:42 PM
Daycare.com Member

My kids prank their dad. They tried to scare him by putting a mask on. Lol!
Old 07-11-2018, 07:55 AM

Ruined a 5 yr old's life today, so I can check that off my bucket list . How could I be so cruel? What on earth did I do?

I put him in timeout for trying to spit in another child's face.

For 5 minutes I heard a continuous stream of how I ruined his life and he's never going to be happy ever again and how unfair I am and how he's going to cry all his tears out and die because he won't have any left when he needs them.

Drama king. That's the only phrase to describe him. Drama king.

Ironically if a child so much as bumps into him accidently it's instant diva mode because how DARE somebody 'push him down' and injure him and now he 'just can't possibly play anymore because he's SOOOOOO hurt'-and not just his body, but his 'insides are shattered into a million pieces!'

8 weeks until Kindergarten starts!!!!!

It's getting harder and harder to not laugh or roll my eyes in the presence of the kids when he does this.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:48 AM

Dcb4 doesn't have his nemesis to bicker with this morning so he's trying to manipulate dcg3. She's not having it.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

Health/env came for their inspection this morning...when she come in dcb2 met her at the gate. I told him to show ms xxxx where the kitchen was and he took her to the play kitchen.... she got a good laugh out of that
Old 07-18-2018, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

When I was relicensed, the official asked the two oldest kids their names as she looked at her list. They both gave fake names 😮 that sounded real. As she looked up and down her list and gave me the side eye, I thought quick and had the kids do their morning handshakes with her, during which they say their full name.

Crisis averted 😅
Old 08-16-2018, 07:43 PM

Dcb6 "come here dcb5, I need to teach you something."

Dcb5 "what are you going to teach me?"

dcb6 "I need to teach you how not to be a jerk.".

truth be told Dcb5 needed that lesson today.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

DCB10 spent the morning talking about these really cool "antique things" for music he found in his basement over the weekend- Cassette tapes.

I feel really old now.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
DCB10 spent the morning talking about these really cool "antique things" for music he found in his basement over the weekend- Cassette tapes.

I feel really old now.
LOL
Terrible thing is they're not *that* old considering....what were those cartridge things that didn't stay around long, before cassettes?
Old 08-20-2018, 01:06 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post

I feel really old now.
My nephew (29 now) and I were talking when he was in high school. I said something about a record (album), and he said "what's a record?". I still remember using a reel to reel machine, the "ditto" copier at school, 8-tracks, and cassettes. Laser discs and Beta movies, too. I'm sure it is confusing to kids who are so young when we talk about stuff like that!
Old 08-20-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
My nephew (29 now) and I were talking when he was in high school. I said something about a record (album), and he said "what's a record?". I still remember using a reel to reel machine, the "ditto" copier at school, 8-tracks, and cassettes. Laser discs and Beta movies, too. I'm sure it is confusing to kids who are so young when we talk about stuff like that!
I still have the reel to reel player my parents had when I was a child. It's so cool! My mom recorded my brother and I singing Old McDonald Had a Farm when we were about 2 and 3 yrs old.

I have our old slide projector too... never know when the kids come visit and I might want to have a 3 hour presentation of vacation slides to watch or even better, a 575 slide show from Vietnam.

I also saved my parents' collection of 45's (record albums and vinyl ARE making a comeback ) and my dad's extensive 8 track tapes of all the old country singers. Never know when I get an inkling for Tom Jones or maybe a little Conway Twitty.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

It’s pouring rain this morning so I opened garage doors so DCFs can stay dry. DCG3 is mad she didn’t get to use her umbrella.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:34 AM

When your co-workers hate you.

https://www.facebook.com/james.h.cos...53711/?__xts__

The problem was a Flux-capaci-tater...... Can't breath.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:45 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Finding out...

That both amberrose3dg and I share a birthday & we were both born on Labor day just in different years. Happy Birthday to both of us today
Old 09-05-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysesKids View Post
That both amberrose3dg and I share a birthday & we were both born on Labor day just in different years. Happy Birthday to both of us today
Happy Birthday!!!
Old 09-05-2018, 08:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
My youngest shared a birthday (December 30) with the kid next door to us, and then the other kid on the other side of us. I still want to know the chances of 3 kids being born on same day (different years), all living next to each other.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

Ment to add happy belated birthday
Old 09-05-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupadia View Post
My youngest shared a birthday (December 30) with the kid next door to us, and then the other kid on the other side of us. I still want to know the chances of 3 kids being born on same day (different years), all living next to each other.
A friend of mine from high school has two sons. Both born (naturally.....no c section or induction) on her birthday. Her sons are 3 yrs apart. Dad only needs remember one date as both sons and his wife share the day.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
A friend of mine from high school has two sons. Both born (naturally.....no c section or induction) on her birthday. Her sons are 3 yrs apart. Dad only needs remember one date as both sons and his wife share the day.
That is too cool. My brothers and my son were all born on thanksgiving in way different years... my oldest DD on Valentines day
Old 09-05-2018, 09:33 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
That is too cool. My brothers and my son were all born on thanksgiving in way different years... my oldest DD on Valentines day
My youngest is new years eve. She will be 4 this year.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:04 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I gave birth to my son on my husband's 34th birthday, 16 minutes after midnight. When I was pregnant my DH was adamant about naming a boy after DH's grandpa, who DH is also named after. So, my DH got a son and got to name him on his birthday.

My middle little sister, and my first cousin were also born on the same day, so now we have 4 birthdays on the same day in our family.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:38 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

My oldest is a valentines baby, I joke it was so his father did not have to deal with the holiday and just had to do his birthday. He came a week early to make it happen.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:00 AM

5 year old, angry puzzling.

Scowling, slapping each piece into place then glaring at me.

Maybe he should not have mixed eight wooden puzzles (20 pieces per, color-coded on back, per each 4 puzzle set, 2 boxes) together as he has been told weekly for the last 4 years. Get them put together to get them put away.

If you can't do the time don't do the crime, buddy.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
5 year old, angry puzzling.

Scowling, slapping each piece into place then glaring at me.

Maybe he should not have mixed eight wooden puzzles (20 pieces per, color-coded on back, per each 4 puzzle set, 2 boxes) together as he has been told weekly for the last 4 years. Get them put together to get them put away.

If you can't do the time don't do the crime, buddy.

I have a version of this posted on my cupboard door....been there since 2000.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1530.jpg (89.2 KB, 22 views)
Old 09-07-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:

Love it!!

He is super ticked, now. He is having a picnic lunch, with the puzzles. Naptime is also optional at 5 years old.

It really isn't that difficult. They are the little ones for toddlers plus I painted the backs to color code them.

I texted his mom and asked how long she wanted me to make him work on it. She texted back "Feel free to send them home with him if they are not done by pickup." I guess we are all good, here.

I plan to stop at 1 hour, though. I have a treat planned for the group at 3:30 and this one likes his nap. Our class cucumbers and squash are ready for picking and I made cookies with our pumpkins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puzzles (500 x 321).jpg (40.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-07-2018, 09:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

Just went to check on my almost 2 yo dcg. She has a doll with a paci and she still uses a paci. She and her doll are laying nose to nose, both with pacis stuck in their mouths. Man, she is such a cutie pie. I'm already thinking how traumatic it'll be to watch her go off to preschool.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:45 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

You have a child named Thad? My sister is marrying a Thad in February and I’ve never met anyone else with the same name, nor has he!
Old 09-07-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
You have a child named Thad? My sister is marrying a Thad in February and I’ve never met anyone else with the same name, nor has he!
Oddly, he is the second Thad (Thaddeus) I have had in care. This one has a sibling named Theodore.

The other was an only child and is probably about 16 now.

My current Thad will be 2 in Jan. It is definitely a "different" name. One I have trouble in conjunction with the sibling's name. It sounds like I have a speech problem.

The kids call him "Fad" or "him".
Old 09-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Daycare.com Member

I'm probably naughty for doing so... But... I was chuckling as I watched out the kitchen window as a teacher was trying to get the last preschooler inside to get cleaned up for lunch. Their swing and slide set is in front of my only kitchen window. It was pretty funny watching her start to climb up and him racing down - there was no way she was going to make it up there to get him, ha ha... Next time I looked I saw her picking him up under his arms and his feet kicking.

One of the older preschoolers wasn't watching where she was going and she walked right into my hindside. I turned around and exclaimed, "Sweetie (didn't call her that, called her by name), you just walked into my butt." She smiled and looked a little embarrassed, then she wrapped her arms around my legs in a hug and told me she loved me.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Daycare.com Member

My own almost 2 year old doesn't nap long, so I let him watch Daniel Tiger after he wakes so the others get a full nap. Today's episode is Snowy Day/Tutu All The Time, and when Henrietta *****cat drops Katerina Kitty Cat off at school in a tutu and doesn't make her put it in her cubby, and even says "I'm glad that you like your tutu!" I laugh so hard. Even in cartoons parents think that the rules can't possibly apply to them or their children!
Old 09-12-2018, 01:16 PM

One of my (favorite) DCK's went to Kindy this year.

Still comes after school off bus for an hour every day though.

Today was their first day being dropped off via the bus.
Child comes in and announces PROUDLY to everyone asking about the first day/what they learned etc...

DCK's reply: "Hey guys guess what?!?! I got to ride the bus with no car seat and no seatbelt!!"

Tried squeezing additional info in regards to their day and all the fun things they may have done etc... but the thrill was apparently riding that bus without a car seat or seatbelt. DCK even says "....and I get to do it again tomorrow!!"

Guess it's the little things in life...
Old 09-17-2018, 04:45 AM
Daycare.com Member

The Standoff

Me: "Good job takin' off your soggy boggy pull-up!"
DCK: "Good job me! Ah not soggy!"
Me: "Now it's time to put on a dry one!"
DCK: "Nuh Ah dun wan to!"

10 minutes later . . .

Me: "Hey, buddy, you can't come out into the playroom without a pull-up on."
DCK: "Ah come out playyyyy."
Me: "Sorry, dude; you're too naked to come out here with everybody else."
DCK: "Ah not naked!"
Me: "I don't wan't to see your bottom."
DCK: "DON'T LOOK AT MY BOTTOM!!!"
Me: "Yo, dude, I don't want to! Please put a pull-up over your bottom!"

Three minutes later:

DCK, horrified: "What DAT? Ah dun lahk it! Pestle what DAT? Ah dun lahk it!"
Me: "Stop playing with the paper tow-- oh, ick! Mr. Man, that's a camel cricket."
DCK: "AH DUN LAHK IT."

Yeah, Ah dun lahk it either.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:13 AM

Received a 3 paragraph email stating how upset a parent was to learn that I have a new assistant without discussing it with them first. That they are uncomfortable with my decision, asking about her references, background check, and demanding to meet her today.

I am struggling with the decision to send a quick text to put DCM out of her misery or schedule the conference with both parents for them to meet our new empathy/sharing story puppet Danielle.https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...KIKX0DER&psc=1 Choices...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg danielle_donkey_ (450 x 600).jpg (33.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-24-2018, 09:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Received a 3 paragraph email stating how upset a parent was to learn that I have a new assistant without discussing it with them first. That they are uncomfortable with my decision, asking about her references, background check, and demanding to meet her today.

I am struggling with the decision to send a quick text to put DCM out of her misery or schedule the conference with both parents for them to meet our new empathy/sharing story puppet Danielle.https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...KIKX0DER&psc=1 Choices...
Hilarious!!!! I vote for your second choice!!!
Old 09-24-2018, 09:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

Hahahaha unbelievable!! I really think after such an email I'd make it as uncomfortable and embarrassing for them as possible and let them meet your puppet. And make a huge production out of it.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

Also, I love that Danielle is a donkey. I hope the irony isn't lost on them when you schedule the conference.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:32 AM

I got Danielle because my oldest DCB is having a bit of a hoarding issue yelling at others when they pick up something he puts down. My neighbors have a donkey that "shouts" at them when they arrive, he does not like it. See where I am going here...

I ended up texting her because DH texted that he was grilling salmon for dinner. Salmon tastes better than vindictive satisfaction, or at least that is what I am supposed to believe.

Also have any of you heard the Wonkey Donkey? Such a happy accident. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...9&&FORM=VRDGAR

DCB and I have listened to her three times today, laughing to tears.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:16 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

OMG OMG OMG I'm going to die. My belly is going to implode. DCM is going to arrive for pickup and find a black hole hovering in space where Ms. Pestle was sitting when she read this.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestle View Post
OMG OMG OMG I'm going to die. My belly is going to implode. DCM is going to arrive for pickup and find a black hole hovering in space where Ms. Pestle was sitting when she read this.
Gpa picked up. DCM had a doctors appointment.

Got a text during naptime, from a longtime client, asking if I am still closed next week. Same week, every year.

Will be interesting to see how far down the rabbit hole this goes this week.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

My LOL today-

Doing lacing beads (balls) this AM. Dcb announces "DCG, you gave me blue balls. I don't want blue balls."

Kiddo drew a scary looking picture (dck thought it was a witch) and she said "no, rude-tude, it's my GRANDMA." then leaned in and whispered "and she IS a witch." dead serious.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:13 PM
Unauthorized Insect :P

One of dcms must own stock in Matilda Jane. All the ruffles, patchwork, pastel clothing you can handle. Dcg has even got PJs and a tote bag in that pattern.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

2 yr old dcg has REALLY gross poopy diapers, usually twice a day. Yesterday when I was changing her, I said (under my breath....I didn’t even think she heard), “Wow—what are you eating at home?”

She immediately yelled, “APPLES!!”

Tags
cute, funny, happy, inspirational topic, positive, sweet